CF7 any good?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
My DD has always swung Demarinis - she doesn't like any other manufacturers. It is probably as much mental as anything else, but who cares - she can rake.

She LOVES the CF9. I mean really adores it. She is basically in a college weight bat now (34/24) so I was buying them NIW when I can get a deal so she now has 3 waiting for her use over the next year or two.

May 12, 2016
If she is only 8, why not try Demarini Vendetta or something equivalent to that? It's a drop 12. Just saying I am not sure how much a 8 year old can take advantage of the top level bats that are out there. No disrespect to your DD, she probably had a better swing that my 13 yr old, :). Both my DD's started out like that, one had a Miken Halo Light drop 12.5 and the other had a Worth Legit Lite -12. They were hitting the ball as hard and far as anybody else their age. Or stick with the LXT.. I think that model is pretty close to sticker weight.

Dec 5, 2017
If she is only 8, why not try Demarini Vendetta or something equivalent to that? It's a drop 12. Just saying I am not sure how much a 8 year old can take advantage of the top level bats that are out there. No disrespect to your DD, she probably had a better swing that my 13 yr old, :). Both my DD's started out like that, one had a Miken Halo Light drop 12.5 and the other had a Worth Legit Lite -12. They were hitting the ball as hard and far as anybody else their age. Or stick with the LXT.. I think that model is pretty close to sticker weight.

She started out with a Maxxum -13 last year and hit great with it until it broke. I bought her the cf9 because she started borrowing other girls on the teams cf9 and hit well with them. We get ours and she constantly complained it hurt her hands. I bought a cheap Legit as a practice bat and she did fine with it but it seemed like it started stinging a lot and didn't have much pop. Fast forward to now, I sold the cf9 for enough to buy the LXT on sale for $199. I bought cf9 for that also, not the $349 they were originally selling for. Funny thing is last night we had bp getting ready for a tourney Sunday and she hit just fine with the LXT. It seemed like it started opening up at the end of practice,the sound changed and the balls were going significantly further. I was really asking about the cf7 out of my own curiosity from seeing them much cheaper than other models. My thinking with the better bat would last her for a couple of years seeing how she doesn't have the power of the bigger girls to break it and she has some growing to do before she will need a bigger bat. Hopefully by the time she grows there will be some Quatros and Ghosts on the used market to be had.

Last edited:
May 24, 2013
So Cal
My DD has a CF8 that she has given much love...until the Ghost came along and stole her heart. She has often commented on the hand sting on off-center hits with the CF8.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceez12