CBS Sports broadcasted the 18U Triple Crown Nationals tonight

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 7, 2011
Curious if she has she gotten to the point where she can throw a legal pitch. When we faced her in NJ and when I saw her at Diamond 9 she was a big time skippy. Mechanics were very similar to Nevins at USF.

Just saw a video - yup, one of those mens league pitchers........ She's not a pitcher in my book. Good luck Stanford or Florida in adopting a "burden" and I WILL say I told ya so when she gets to the championship series and she crumbles with the schizophrenic appilcation of the rules. I would like to say "poor kid" in these cases but I am finding more tiimes than not the pitchers also know they are skippies and are ignorant to change themselves.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
Just saw a video - yup, one of those mens league pitchers........ She's not a pitcher in my book. Good luck Stanford or Florida in adopting a "burden" and I WILL say I told ya so when she gets to the championship series and she crumbles with the schizophrenic appilcation of the rules. I would like to say "poor kid" in these cases but I am finding more tiimes than not the pitchers also know they are skippies and are ignorant to change themselves.

The response from the coaches and the parents/fans as expected has been "She never gets called for it in High School!"

Aug 13, 2010
I must really like Fast Pitch. I turned on the beginning of the MLB All-Star game. When it went to commercial, I started flipping channels and never went back. I watched the USSSA Pride play the Akron Racers instead.

Jun 9, 2009
Curious if she has she gotten to the point where she can throw a legal pitch. When we faced her in NJ and when I saw her at Diamond 9 she was a big time skippy. Mechanics were very similar to Nevins at USF.

Just saw her in the video in the thread on the pitching forum and that was my one comment. Hadn't seen this thread.

Dec 23, 2009
San Diego
I have never seen an IP called at a TCS or any other showcase event.

DD was called for IP at the recent Champions Cup in Irvine...for stepping on the pitching rubber with her hands separated BUT with the ball in her glove rather than in the open hand...:mad:

Umpiring - at least here in SoCal - has gone from bad to ARE YOU F'ING KIDDING ME?

Jul 26, 2010
The PGF Nationals are going on just up the road if you want to see even better softball. TCS is a "pay to play" tournament, no qualification required.

-W

Mar 26, 2013
The PGF Nationals are going on just up the road if you want to see even better softball. TCS is a "pay to play" tournament, no qualification required.
TC/USA Nats is not one of TCS's "pay to play" events (e.g. World Series). Take a look at the teams - Who's Coming.

FWIW, many/most of the teams there are also playing in PGF Nats.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rosie