Catchers Bag

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 24, 2014
Looking for recommendations on a new catchers bag. In the past we had a mizuno, Easton, and max ball cobra xl. All held up relatively good for about a year. Considering boombah and Louisville slugger brands, can't remember exact models. Anyway looking for pros / cons for different bags.

Oct 12, 2015
All Over I Coach TB
No Errors are the best for a catcher in my opinion. Not the intermediate size. The full size. DD plays 150 plus games per year, lasts about 2 years with a lot of airline travel as well. Very large can get everything in easy. Mine carries 2 bats, batting helmet, catchers helmet, shins, chest, 2 pair of cleats, 2 catchers mitts and fielding glove. Other items in the mesh zip pockets. Not cheap but worth every penny.

The NOE2 Catchers Bag

Mar 24, 2014
I haven't seen the no errors catchers bags in a long time. My buddy's DD have one years ago and thought it held up for a few seasons but current reviews are mixed. I do like the storage and fat boy wheels. I found a boombah bag for about $80 and have seen them around but never talked to anybody about them.

Dec 19, 2012
Looking for recommendations on a new catchers bag. In the past we had a mizuno, Easton, and max ball cobra xl. All held up relatively good for about a year. Considering boombah and Louisville slugger brands, can't remember exact models. Anyway looking for pros / cons for different bags.

Boombah is much like the Max Ball Bag in terms of quality. No Errors is the way to go.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
Don't know if they still make it, but the Tanel RAGE was a close second to the NoE2 IMO (and a good deal less, but still more than the others discussed)

Mar 20, 2014
Northwest
After going through several expensive catcher's bags (average time before they blew out was about 6 months) and upon the advice of several board members here, we bought the NoE2 catchers bag. Here are our pros and cons with this bag:
Pros: huge bag that holds everything and then some; made of sturdy materials that seem like they are going to last
Cons: huge bag that is a cumbersome and takes up a ton of room; wheels do not seem wide enough so if everything isn't very evenly distributed it will tip to the side when pulling; very expensive
DD moved to a new team that provided Boombah backpack bags in the team colors, embroidered with their names and number (DD has always wanted a backpack bag but since everything won't fit in it I said no). So now she has everything except her catcher's gear in her Boombah backpack, and we bought her a Louisville Slugger silver slugger wheeled bag for her catcher's gear. The combo takes up less room, is much more "packable" in the car and DD is happy since she can finally have a backpack bag. We are keeping the NoE2 bag for airline travel.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
DD has used the Boombah bag, and is current using a Maxball. The Boombah had an issue with the mesh pocket at the bottom of the bag ripping. This happened pretty quickly. Otherwise the bag was pretty good. The Maxball bag is the same layout as the Boombah (some have said that Boombah and Maxball bags are made by the same company). However, after just a few months of use with her TB team, some of the seams on the Maxball bag started coming apart. The same thing happened with the bags of all the catchers on DD's team. Maxball replaced the batch of bags for the team. We shall see how well the new one holds up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00