Camp Results

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 28, 2016
Daughter got her result back from a camp that used laser to time.I was told that laser is the most accurate way of timing.She is a 2020 Slapper that has only been on left side for almost a year.How do these times compare for a College recruit.She is being recruited just want some opinions on how she compares for her age.image.jpg

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Not trying to be snarky, but how many times are you going to post her results? I think you got your answer in the other thread that you started.

May 12, 2008
If she gets no faster she would need to have at least doubles power and a polished short game with that time for some level of D1. No doubt she will get faster. Just running/no bat, timed from foot leaving home plate to contact at first, fastest I ever heard from a reliable source was Julie Smith at 2.4 something. Very fast is 2.6 something. Your DD is fast if she never gets any faster but she's not oh wow D1 fast. May get there though given she's young. Might look around for the best sprint coach and get a couple of lessons.

Jan 28, 2016
Thanks for your reply.You gave me exactly what I was looking for.Something to measure bye.Some people on here are very disrespectful and negative.Thanks again for your input

Feb 15, 2016
Daughter got her result back from a camp that used laser to time.I was told that laser is the most accurate way of timing.She is a 2020 Slapper that has only been on left side for almost a year.How do these times compare for a College recruit.She is being recruited just want some opinions on how she compares for her age.View attachment 9680

Your daughter is very fast. Once you get to that speed, there are other factors such as how quickly she gets out of the box that kick in and separate the girls. I know a girl who everyone thinks is the fastest girl in our whole organization and she runs in the 2.8s and is being recruited by a very good D1 school as a slapper (she is not a gap hitter). She is not the fastest but she gets out of the box so quickly, gets such a perfect jump off 1B when stealing, and has a great first step in the OF so it looks like (and she plays like) she is faster than she is. Good luck!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TaraLynn0207