Camera Fence Mount

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Josh Greer

DFP Vendor
Jul 31, 2013
Central Missouri
Ohh, gear envy!

@JayIndy : where did you get that handy bar? Do you remember what it’s called?

@Josh Greer: It looks like there is some kind of spacer on the arm where it attaches to the Spyder’s cross bar (underneath in the photo). I have had a hard time securing my camera to the crossbar, is that some kind of doo-hickey that I’m missing from my arsenal?

Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(Note: this forum updates links to amazon with their affiliate codes. We do not receive anything from these companies. We simply have tested and can recommend them to our customers)
This is a barrel nut that is included in the 11" arm we recommend:
Amazon product ASIN B00NW6HO2G

But to get it after the fact, you can get a pair of them here:
Amazon product ASIN B08K8ZLHB1
Still working through prototypes, but we will be releasing an upgrade option for a more substantial Slyder bar. It will allow multiple devices without having to mount them together. It will have 3 different slots to for device mounting. Additionally has a deeper tab to mount a Mevo Start and other deep form factor cameras without additional hardware. Hopefully will be available in a couple weeks.

Josh Greer

DFP Vendor
Jul 31, 2013
Central Missouri
Thanks for the advice. I just ordered the rig with the attachments for the GoPro and cell phone. Really looking forward to stepping up our streaming / recording game.

So we should be fine with the mount and just a GoPro on netting?

I guess I can go back to the tried and true tripod with a cell phone mount for live streaming. It worked pretty well last year. I just noticed going back onto TM and looking at archived videos that some stopped recording and others had stuttering because of wifi reception.
Correct. We've had no issues mounting a Spyder and a GoPro to netting using the process we outlined in the video above.

Mar 1, 2018
Central Indiana
Ohh, gear envy!

@JayIndy : where did you get that handy bar? Do you remember what it’s called?

@Josh Greer: It looks like there is some kind of spacer on the arm where it attaches to the Spyder’s cross bar (underneath in the photo). I have had a hard time securing my camera to the crossbar, is that some kind of doo-hickey that I’m missing from my arsenal?

Thanks!!

I have 2 of them I got off amazon. 1 has the go pro type mount on the bottom - SUREWO Aluminum dual twin mount adaptor. The other has a camera screw bottom - Triple Cold Shoe Extension Bar, KDD microphone mount extension bracket.

Feb 1, 2022
1643900642628.png

Going back to using a LynkSpyder on a mesh fence, would you suggest mounting it above the covered backstop?

Just thinking about this facility specifically because we'll be playing here twice this spring.

Edit: Also looking for something to shade the GoPro from overheating if anyone has a suggestion.

Last edited:

Josh Greer

DFP Vendor
Jul 31, 2013
Central Missouri
Going back to using a LynkSpyder on a mesh fence, would you suggest mounting it above the covered backstop?

Just thinking about this facility specifically because we'll be playing here twice this spring.

Edit: Also looking for something to shade the GoPro from overheating if anyone has a suggestion.
If it were me, I'd mount where the camera just peeked over the tarp if the net is on the outside. This is usually the most stable part of the net and reduces movement. If the tarp is on the outside, then the whole bracket will have to be above the tarp. Hard to see how tall it is, so I don't know if that is feasible. As I'm also the buy behind a long lens camera, I usually have a step ladder in the car. But I realize not everyone is as ____________ as me (fill in the blank to your preferred level of craziness).

As for sun shade, it's really hard to beat a ball cap. Keeps the sun off and promotes your team of choice (Go Cards!)
1643906416612.png

Aug 5, 2022
Looking for the best fence mount for a Mevo Camera........... Any recommendations

I actually really like the clips sold on the fence clip site. I have the original, the net clip and the newest one that goes magnetized on the pole.

Aug 18, 2018
Looking for the best fence mount for a Mevo Camera........... Any recommendations
I started out with GoPro and a fence clip. Was pretty happy but the GoPro was a bear with game changer. Went with a mevo and fence clip. It worked but was never able to get it weighted properly. Just got a link Spyder and will see how it goes this weekend. Must say it's a substantial amount.

Sent from my LE2115 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00