Buying a warranty replacement bat?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 26, 2011
Houston, Texas
Is that a huge no-no? It's the 2014 Xeno-the size is spot on, sealed/wrapped/brand new and price is really good (so far). Two hours left on the bid...should I or shouldn't I? I won't go over a certain amount, but I just wondered if this would be worth it or not? I don't recall sending LS a receipt for DD's first Xeno that got a rattle in it within 2 months...but I may have. Just curious if they will replace if they have another recall...

Jun 24, 2013
As you know they put out a bad product and in my opinion did a great job in a bad situation. I would buy the bat and take my chances.

(If they have another recall they will replace your bat, I am curious what that whole thing cost them. They did not ask or care about receipts)

Last edited:

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
The 2014 Xeno will have no recall issues as far as I know of.

You have to weigh the options as with any NR bat. You are basically buying a bat that cant be returned. The only way they ever will take a NR bat back is if they have a recall. You cant have it both ways. You cant buy a NR bat for cheaper, and expect LS to replace it because it breaks because they already replaced the original bat...which is why this is a NR.

A NR bat can last 1 month, or 5 years. You are paying less money to take the chance. But depending on price, I would have no problem buying a NR bat. But I know what I would be buying...exactly that...a no return bat. If you are worried about breaking, then you shouldnt be looking into a NR.

Jun 24, 2013
$150 is a good price, I bet it goes up to about $200 making it less of a deal.

It is too big for DD or I might make a bid. :)

Jun 24, 2013
I was looking for a cage bat for DD for 3 months, you would not think it would be that hard. I broke down and just bought one Friday off ebay so I could be done with it. I know nothing about the bat but I know DD will like the colors.

Bat shopping in no fun. :)

Aug 26, 2011
Houston, Texas
I was looking for a cage bat for DD for 3 months, you would not think it would be that hard. I broke down and just bought one Friday off ebay so I could be done with it. I know nothing about the bat but I know DD will like the colors.

Bat shopping in no fun. :)

Heh...this one is just so she can have two Xenos. She has a 2013 same size...nothing wrong with it but it seems like it is losing pop...which is highly possible when she was at the cages 2-3x week last summer through beginning of Fall for 1.5 - 2 hours. We've decided to get her another one exactly same but newer since she has been pretty happy with the Xenos. Will be for her birthday next month. :)

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
LOL! I knew someone would go look. ;) Yeah, 200 is over...I would stop at 175. But still it looks like I can get it for under 230 with warranty which I might do anyway.

I know where you can -10's for $220 with full warranty ;)

Somebody is also getting a -9 for that price also..haha

Last edited:

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Just make sure you get a pretty good discount vs. a brand new bat with a full warranty. You should be able to find brand new 2014 Xeno's online for @ $240, so I would not pay more than $200 for a warranty replacement bat.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00