Bullpen Area

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 25, 2020
We are looking into creating a bullpen area for our program. I am wondering if anybody has any photos or plans that they wouldnt mind sharing from your local area. We are looking at building a 5 station bullpen to help with our pitching development. TIA. PowerhouseMechanics posted this idea on their facebook page.
1619124315108.png

Jun 19, 2016
I assume that it is going to have raised catcher pads. I can see those drop balls hitting that lip and going everywhere.

Nov 18, 2015
I assume that it is going to have raised catcher pads. I can see those drop balls hitting that lip and going everywhere.
The cement platforms are probably for the pitching plates. I'm assuming they'll cover that with some type of padding, and then a turf mat on the top.

Speaking of drop balls - as of last night, I'm done with using any type of raised plate in front of me when catching. I can get my face out of the way, but my shins and other parts don't move as fast. Yelling at my daughter to "throw a damn strike!" is probably not conducive to helping her develop as a pitcher. So for now, it's lots of scoop, dodge, and "yep, that dropped, just a little bit higher next time..."

Just noticed that the pic AD posted also shows a tarp that looks like it covers the pitching lane. Somebody knows how to take of a field!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00