Broken in catchers mitt

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 4, 2018
Amen to that.

I just bought a new one for my 14U DD, and it's gonna be a beast to break in. We bought her first one used and that was wise.

Apr 28, 2014
Message me if interested. I used it for 6 months to catch DD. Needs a little cleaning but good condition and broken in well.

Sold!!!

Last edited:
May 6, 2015
if you are looking new, you are looking for a unicorn. any decent mitt will require a good deal of breaking in. bite the bullet, buy a decent mitt, and start breaking in process. a decent used one is a good option, but never really found that many to be honest (after taking 2 months to break something in, people tend to hold on to them until they are completely used up, or have them relaced/partially rebuilt). BT3100's offer might be the best option, vinci's well thought of around here.

at 11, I would probably look more at single hinge/post, as I think they are easier for smaller hands to close.

DD (14) is on her second AS CMW3000/3001, as soon as new one is game ready, old one goes for relacing to become backup. lots of life left in it, I just have nightmares about a lace breaking or something else going wrong during a weekend, want a spare in the bag.