Break-in and Maintenance of composite bat?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 7, 2010
I'm good with that coach. To each their own. I just want the best performance in the shortest amount of time. I'll buy a new one when this one goes.

Oct 23, 2009
Los Angeles
The warranty on my DDs composite bat says it is voided if used in "commercial batting cages". Does this mean that you can use it in "private batting cages" at your local field without voiding the warranty?

Jan 23, 2010
VA, USA
The warranty on my DDs composite bat says it is voided if used in "commercial batting cages". Does this mean that you can use it in "private batting cages" at your local field without voiding the warranty?

That's a really, really good question that I don't know the answer to. I hope someone has something to say about this, because I'm curious to know.

Oct 19, 2009
I’ve had 2 dads say that Easton refused to honor warranties because the bats were used against manufactures recommendations according to Easton, according to the dads they were not although I seen one use the bat at practice hitting from a machine using the dimple balls. I’m guessing that most bat manufactures will deny a warranty if they suspect any abuse or you if give them an excuse to.

Two years a go the coach on my daughters team was hitting grounders to the infield, the coach picked up some water logged baseballs laying against the backstop and starting hitting them over the fence, I thought to myself he just ruined his kids bat until I realized that it was may daughter's bat he was using a $280 bat I lost it and said somethings I should not have. The bat never hit the same and in a short time had a cracked end cap the warranty was out.

It was a Worth Mayhem.

Last edited:

Batperson

Coach
Jun 12, 2010
MA
I have seen several Eastons broken period. I don't think cage use has anything to do with it. I don't understand why a dimple ball could cause more harm to a bat than a softball...

Dimpled balls are harder and heavier than real balls! Companies will NOT WARRANTY a bat used with them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YOUNGG