Brag time...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 26, 2011
Houston, Texas
Okay, well today didn't start off as a brag...DD started first game, and it was not good. Not sure where her mental was but it wasn't there. Lost first batter after 6 or 7 pitches for a walk, 2nd batter - perfect bunt flubbed by catcher who threw to 2B for failed attempt to get lead runner out, 3rd batter (who I know is a huge beast at the plate - can hit 9-10 out of park HRs in batting practice ("live" pitching by coach behind net)) - HR. Got pulled. We lost 2-6. She wasn't in lineup for this game.

Second game, played 1B - went 2 for 3 at plate - bunt to move runner (out at first), then a single, double.

Third game, she pitched complete 1 hit game, went 3 for 3 at plate with 3 run HR and two doubles.

I just loved how short her memory is. :) And it made my day for her grandma (my in-law) to see her play well after a sucky start. LOL.

Sep 14, 2014
Even better news for the second game. If those were her only three plate appearances, then she went two for two. The successful sacrifice bunt does not count as an at bat and therefore does not count against her! Congrats!

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Okay, well today didn't start off as a brag...DD started first game, and it was not good. Not sure where her mental was but it wasn't there. Lost first batter after 6 or 7 pitches for a walk, 2nd batter - perfect bunt flubbed by catcher who threw to 2B for failed attempt to get lead runner out, 3rd batter (who I know is a huge beast at the plate - can hit 9-10 out of park HRs in batting practice ("live" pitching by coach behind net)) - HR. Got pulled. We lost 2-6. She wasn't in lineup for this game.

Sounds like a pretty solid day! I was just talking to one of the dad's from this team that your DD played yesterday. They already have 5 kids that have gone yard this year and I would say they are all pretty beastly at the plate. By the way my DD's school will be playing your kids school after the realignment next year!

Aug 26, 2011
Houston, Texas
Sounds like a pretty solid day! I was just talking to one of the dad's from this team that your DD played yesterday. They already have 5 kids that have gone yard this year and I would say they are all pretty beastly at the plate. By the way my DD's school will be playing your kids school after the realignment next year!

Yeah I knew that they had big hitters on that team. I was nervous for DD. She tried to fight this one batter, but she said it hung. Sigh. So you must be from one of 3 schools if not Memorial. :) It will be fun regardless...that's all HS ball should be...nothing more (only took us 2 years to realize that LOL).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi