Brag thread 4/13

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 12, 2015
Well, I forgot it on Monday so it's 2 days late. But better late then never! What did your DDs do that was brag-worthy this week so far?

We only had practice this week, not much going on. I can brag on her attitude though. Practice was long on Saturday and during the break she ran out to gather up balls from the outfield. She told me later she likes our new coach better than our old coach, and one reason is that the old coach never made them run for not hustling, or not paying attention. I thought maybe I heard her wrong but no, she thinks making them run is a good thing. bwahaha

Dec 17, 2015
Chesapeake, VA
Opening Day was Saturday. Cool but the winds were crazy. DD got a hit in the first inning. She thought she made it home for a run but the 3rd out was made on first. She is still arguing with me on that. So far every time I've handed out helmet stickers, she has EARNED one. Not bad for being the youngest player in our softball division. Our game yesterday was rained out and we practice today.

Jun 12, 2015
I can brag on my older DD, who plays 12U rec baseball. She had a game last night and she slid like 3 times. My 9 year old has slid probably 3000 times but my older one has a mental block with sliding. Or had one. She seems to be past it finally. Her slides looked great, not all awkward like they used to. I'm proud of her because she doesn't have an easy time getting past things like that.

Feb 24, 2016
dd is starting ss on school ball team. last nights game was 8th grade (senior night) dd is 7th grader. coach started all the 8th graders, even though six of the starters are 7th graders, dd being one of them. my dd sat the bench the entire game. after the game the coach told me that my dd ask to let an 8th grader play for her since we were winning ( run rule 5th). dd normally wants to be on the field the entire game, no steals, no hits and no amazing play. still very proud of her.

Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
DD's team won a tournament a couple weeks ago. Also, just got word that one of my kiddos got MVP Pitcher and her first HR: all in her very first TB tournament! Good job Ry! (This is the one who practices at 110% and challenges me with conversations about what Hillhouse and Finch teach!)

Sep 29, 2010
Knoxville, TN
HS team still winning, but we have been hit with the injury bug. Lost two starting outfielders this week. Down to 12 (three are pitchers) healthy girls and had to cancel all JV games a few weeks ago. Just wanted to brag on all the girls who have had to play out of position and still find a way to win.

HC comes to me before game last night and asks if DD, who plays catcher/DH, has ever played outfield. I jokingly say yeah, at least two or three times in 10U. He says good, because she's starting in RF tonight! She did throw out a girl trying to take third. :) I asked her about the throw and she said it was just like somebody trying to steal second, just a farther throw.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OAFSoftballMom#1