Bracket-gate

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

What Green says is true.

But when TD start monkeying around and try to give the host team an advantage instead of how things should be seeded, it just plain sucks to go to a tournament and play the same two or three teams. Not to mention facing a good team in the second round, knocking them out and then run rule the host in the championship.

Coaches won't pay to play at those tournaments for very long and will go spend the teams money elsewhere.

Yep...I see it all of the time. I look at the brackets and the host team or organization has a much easier path to get deep in the tourney. It's a load of you know what and there is always a note how the bracket is set by blind draw. Yeah, and monkeys are going to fly out of my butt.

I like it better when they seed the bracket from pool play.

Oct 19, 2009
beyond the fences
back to OP: on local TD normally tells the teams that brackets are picked random.
Funny thing that the host normally has the easy draw. TD must think I fell off the
turnip truck if he expects me to believe. I can't control it, therefore I don't worry about it

I am in the corner with Green also, take the mindset that you can beat everyone in the field
and leaver the brackets to the Bracketologists (each team has at least one)

MTR

Jun 22, 2008
Yep...I see it all of the time. I look at the brackets and the host team or organization has a much easier path to get deep in the tourney. It's a load of you know what and there is always a note how the bracket is set by blind draw. Yeah, and monkeys are going to fly out of my butt.

I like it better when they seed the bracket from pool play.

And yet, I've witnessed blind draws and where a local team drew to a bye and, of course, it was a fix even though the TD and participants conducting the draw were not even from the same state. I seems no matter what team got what others believe was the easier path, there was always an accusation of some sort by everyone else.

Great world we live in. Luck is impossible, random selection is impossible and someone else is always at fault for everyone's failures.

How about just going out and playing the team in the other dugout and WHEN you win, there is no question who is the best team on that day.

And yet, I've witnessed blind draws and where a local team drew to a bye and, of course, it was a fix even though the TD and participants conducting the draw were not even from the same state. I seems no matter what team got what others believe was the easier path, there was always an accusation of some sort by everyone else.

Great world we live in. Luck is impossible, random selection is impossible and someone else is always at fault for everyone's failures.

How about just going out and playing the team in the other dugout and WHEN you win, there is no question who is the best team on that day.

Oh I agree, but I just cannot stand it when they come out and say it will be a blind draw when it clearly is not. Let's not insult everybody's intelligence. Just say we are the hosting team/org and we will set the bracket as we see fit. Don't pee on my leg and tell me it's raining.

MTR

Jun 22, 2008
Oh I agree, but I just cannot stand it when they come out and say it will be a blind draw when it clearly is not. Let's not insult everybody's intelligence. Just say we are the hosting team/org and we will set the bracket as we see fit. Don't pee on my leg and tell me it's raining.

How do you know it is not a blind draw?

Feb 3, 2011
Have brackets preset with numbers.

Have all managers and teams present at 7:30am on Saturday.

Let each manager draw a number and fill in the bracket.

No one knows their 1st opponent until right before the 1st round games start.

OR, just prepare your team to face whomever lines up against them, knowing you have to beat everyone to take the title.

Last edited:

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
IOW, you haven't a clue, but that will not stop you from complaining.

I need no clues and have no complaints. I'll play whoever shows up, if I can't beat that team I probably don't deserve to win the tournament. And actually its not the brackets that are an issue, IMO its usually the pool play schedules. Let's just say that when the host org has 4 teams entered and they've never played each other or had an 8:00 AM start in the last 6 years, I have my suspicions. There are certain org's whose touraments are avoided for this reason or for others such as field conditions, lack of organization, poor umpiring crews etc. Accept it for what it is or stick your head in the sand and believe life is fair - its an individual choice.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi