Bracket-gate

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 25, 2011
However, seeding can play an important role in a 3rd or 4th place finish. yes, you may not be the best team in the tournament, however, you may sure not be the bottom of the pack either. Seed planting can play an important role in a teams ability to play more than 1 game on sundays.... or if they even make it to sunday. A smart host team can assure themselves of a chance to be at the end games, if they are smart about the opposition.

Sep 18, 2011
Back to my OP, again I was not complaining about "the brackets." I was a tad miffed that the brackets were posted and then they were revised with two teams (and only two teams) trading places. Tough draws I've always accepted. But it struck me as odd that the brackets were changed after the fact. Regardless, it turned out to be a total non-factor. With 31 teams in the final qualifier, we went through the field like a hot knife through butter, earning a berth to Sioux Falls. And to make it even sweeter, we beat that host team twice: 7-2and 10-0 in the final game of the tournament.

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2011
Back to my OP, again I was not complaining about "the brackets." I was a tad miffed that the brackets were posted and then they were revised with two teams (and only two teams) trading places. Tough draws I've always accepted. But it struck me as odd that the brackets were changed after the fact. But it turned out to be a total non-factor. With 31 teams in the final qualifier, we went through the field like a hot knife through butter, earning a berth to Sioux Falls. And to make it even sweeter, we beat that host team twice: 7-2and 10-0 in the final game of the tournament.

I love that "we" I threw in there. "We beat that host team..." as if I had and anything to do with it. :)

Oct 19, 2009
beyond the fences
I saw a team intentionally throw a pool game this summer to seed lower.
If they were seeded 4 or 5, game time was 8:00 a.m., seed 6th and game time was
11:00. Team in question threw the last pool game that began at 8:30 p.m. Saturday.
This tournament had bracket based on pool play.

Sometimes things are not as clear as they appear

I saw a team intentionally throw a pool game this summer to seed lower.
If they were seeded 4 or 5, game time was 8:00 a.m., seed 6th and game time was
11:00. Team in question threw the last pool game that began at 8:30 p.m. Saturday.
This tournament had bracket based on pool play.

Sometimes things are not as clear as they appear

If you are confident you can beat any team there, this is your attitude...hey lets get an extra couple hours of sleep. You put your #4 pitcher out there and say go get some experience.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi