both hands back or one

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 3, 2009
Kansas City area
Jennies Way

I took DD to 2 different d1 pitchers for instruction one says both hands the other says one hand. Shes been using both and has had no injuries or soreness! Jennie Finch had an instructional video online she says both arms back. Will this work with IR?

May 22, 2008
NW Pennsylvania
It works for Hillhouse........ there are good reasons in Hillhouses video to keep the ball inthe glove & bring both hands back,(namely elbow whip), & on the other hand a very high % of elite pitchers only bring only 1 back (rocker motion)....pick your poison

Jan 27, 2010
I took DD to 2 different d1 pitchers for instruction one says both hands the other says one hand. Shes been using both and has had no injuries or soreness! Jennie Finch had an instructional video online she says both arms back. Will this work with IR?

Just curious. How many lessons has your DD received from each d1 pitcher?

May 5, 2008
It doesn't HAVE to be either way. She can use what works for her. IMHO there are definite advantages to keeping the hands together as long as possible (even during back swing) and Hillhouse explains it very well. Yet even he will tell you that it's not an absolute MUST to do it one way or another.

Dec 3, 2009
Kansas City area
What about both hands back one on each side like Finch? Or is it better to keep both together? Hillhouse prefers both on the same side but My DD is already used to thrown both hands back oppostite sides to start should I change her to both back on one side or leave her be? She gets good push from her legs!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd