Blast Motion

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 9, 2018
Texas
Any thoughts on the most and least important metrics this gives out?

My 10-U DD’s starting connection is really awful, which seems to come from a more upright stance.
Does anyone have new thoughts on which metrics you would focus on ? or at least take the most focus of?

Sep 22, 2021
Sioux Falls, SD
Just random jumped in here. I think if they are younger it's hard to use rotation, hand speed and even bat speed power numbers, as it compares to a group window that then compares your results on the scale...especially 11-14 there is such a wide margin of growth jumps.

Dec 12, 2013
B.C. Canada
Just random jumped in here. I think if they are younger it's hard to use rotation, hand speed and even bat speed power numbers, as it compares to a group window that then compares your results on the scale...especially 11-14 there is such a wide margin of growth jumps.
I agree that the numbers you get for some of the metrics for younger players is hard to coach from. Younger players don't have enough body awareness to make lasting corrections that can be built into a repeatable swing. I think the video capture is one of my favorite as a coach, so I can slow the video down to show the player the different parts of the swing and how the numbers relate to the video, so that they can make corrections.

Rotational Acceleration and Hand Speed are my two go too metrics. High hand speed with low rotational acceleration tells me that the batter is out of sequence, meaning the swing is being lead with the hands and not the hips. Swing from the ground up. Some of the other metrics are a result of something else in the swing. for example, If you can fix sequencing, you will see other metrics improve, like connection. Blast has a great support system, and you can actually talk to former players on the blast team to help with the interpretation of what your seeing in the numbers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00