Bittersweet weekend

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
My dd has been battling a back issue for the past few months. Friday she went to a chiropractor for an adjustment and to get taped up.

This weekend she pitched 4 games in a tourney, Game one was her first ever Perfect game. It was awesome. Second game on Saturday she carried a no hitter until the second out of the 7th inning, also with no walks (a couple of errors would have kept it from perfect). Sunday morn, a good game (still no walks) and on to the championship game. In about the 3rd inning she landed funny and tweaked her back, she lost her pinpoint control and started leaving things out over the plate more. Not a good thing when you are facing a good hitting team.

She won't tell us how bad things hurt, it took her team mates to let us know her back was bothering her. She told my wife that she tweaked her ankle when she landed funny, but that it was better after a few minutes.

Feb 16, 2010
As a parent with a daughter who has had back issues...take your daughter to a doctor, and not a chiropractor. Back issues are nothing to be messed with. Mine had a stress fracture that was finally discovered after weeks of rest and fighting through back pain. She had to miss most of a season, and still has occasional issues. Do your DD a favor and make a doctor's appointment.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles