Best place for the team profile sheet?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 1, 2015
Bingo and it was the colder inside for the 12U tournament the weekend prior (MLK weekend) when the air temperatures outside were worse. I officiated 2 games on Sunday but stopped by mid-Saturday and the internal temp of the Dome was in the mid-50s. Normal Dome temperatures in the winter are between 60-62ish.

Doug, the owner/facility director, does a good job staying on top of things for both the coaches/teams and our umpires. In this case, it's just a matter of the new dome material and the new ventilation system that was installed. It took them nearly 7 months after the original/most recent dome collapsed to go through the litigation/red-tape issues to get the new Dome up and running. He's looking into upgrades with the company that put in the new system but it may take until the summer before it's figured out, etc. So this winter may be on the frosty side inside, depending on the weekend.

Field 4 gets it worse with that one exit door on the 1B side, but Field 1 has the same issue on the 3rd base side as well. Nobody has it easy unless you're in the building-side (i.e. bathrooms, the Grill, etc.) :p

Oct 10, 2018
I live in, well, I wouldn't call it "extreme" Northern NY, but I'm in the Adirondacks for sure (about 1.5 hrs. South from the US/CA border), and there is only 1 indoor, domed facility in this area (I officiate games here as part of our local group). I've seen some teams bringing banners to hang, but very, VERY few and far between, especially with how fast the games go by and how fast teams have to pack up and move on (Friday/Saturday pool-play games are 80 minutes drop-dead with 5 minutes between games. Sunday is 70 minutes finish the inning with 10 minutes between).

Yes, the we're in the Adirondacks. For us Westchester-ites, that is the extreme north. LOL.

Oct 10, 2018
Bingo and it was the colder inside for the 12U tournament the weekend prior (MLK weekend) when the air temperatures outside were worse. I officiated 2 games on Sunday but stopped by mid-Saturday and the internal temp of the Dome was in the mid-50s. Normal Dome temperatures in the winter are between 60-62ish.

Doug, the owner/facility director, does a good job staying on top of things for both the coaches/teams and our umpires. In this case, it's just a matter of the new dome material and the new ventilation system that was installed. It took them nearly 7 months after the original/most recent dome collapsed to go through the litigation/red-tape issues to get the new Dome up and running. He's looking into upgrades with the company that put in the new system but it may take until the summer before it's figured out, etc. So this winter may be on the frosty side inside, depending on the weekend.

Field 4 gets it worse with that one exit door on the 1B side, but Field 1 has the same issue on the 3rd base side as well. Nobody has it easy unless you're in the building-side (i.e. bathrooms, the Grill, etc.) :p

Thanks so very much for the head's up!!!!

May 24, 2013
So Cal
I use a real estate brochure box like this...
1643214171665.png
...with an S-hook on the back, and hang it on the backstop behind the plate, toward the side that our team is on.

We also have a designated person to keep an eye out for college coaches, make sure they have a flyer in their hand, and start a conversation about what they are looking for. It's helpful if that person knows about the players (positions, strengths, etc.). On my DD's team, I'm that person. I gather what info I can, answer what questions I can, and relay that info to the HC who will then spend time talking with the college coach about more specifics.

As for the team flyer, a tip I got from a college coach...Leave a blank area next to each player for notes.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Another tip...Make sure the college coaches can see and access your team flyers, as well as see the field clearly. This means that your parents need to be aware of how they set up to watch the game. For a showcase, the #1 priority is showing off the players to college coaches.

Here's the wrong way to do it...
1643216478483.png
Can you see the team flyers hanging on the fence? College coaches had to crawl through this group, under the canopy, to get to the flyers. The coaches and parents of this team were absolutely clueless.

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
In front of where the coaches sit.
Also if there is a desk, you should pull a couple out and put on the desk

And as coaches come to the field, if they don't grab a flyer immediately, you go give them one, introduce yourself and the team and ask if they have any questions.
If they coach does grab a flyer, you also use that as the time to introduce yourself "I saw you took our flyer, let me introduce myself, are you here for a particular player or would you like me to tell you about the team"

Oct 10, 2018
I use a real estate brochure box like this...
...with an S-hook on the back, and hang it on the backstop behind the plate, toward the side that our team is on.

We also have a designated person to keep an eye out for college coaches, make sure they have a flyer in their hand, and start a conversation about what they are looking for. It's helpful if that person knows about the players (positions, strengths, etc.). On my DD's team, I'm that person. I gather what info I can, answer what questions I can, and relay that info to the HC who will then spend time talking with the college coach about more specifics.

As for the team flyer, a tip I got from a college coach...Leave a blank area next to each player for notes.

Ooooh I love that, will be good in the rain too! Thanks for the tip. I didn't have the space for notes next to each player but did leave a lot of white space on the back.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
The thought of making conversation with a person because I have to gives me a headache..good grief. I know what job I won't be volunteering for...

It definitely needs to be someone good at people-ing.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi