Batter remembering pitch calls?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Look for pitchers release.

Live pitching during hitting practice!

Speaking with College pitchers shared with me while they were in college threw batting practice.
They were asked to do these type of different strategies.
*For batting practice~
1. They were told to only throw one of these pitches. And coach would tell them which one to throw.
Drop
Curve
Rise
So to every batter they threw that pitch at that workout.

2. Or they were asked to throw two of those pitches back to back.

3. Or one of those pitches and a change up.

4. They were able to throw their own sequence of pitches.

Jun 8, 2016
To be completely honest I am not sure it is a good thing she is hearing such things when she is preparing to go into(or is already in) the box. I am sure people will say I am an rear for saying this but oh well..

radness

Dec 13, 2019
To be completely honest I am not sure it is a good thing she is hearing such things when she is preparing to go into(or is already in) the boxbo I am sure people will say I am an rear for saying this but oh well..
I Agree with the hearing such things befor stepping in box.
The tushie part your on your own...

BAZINGA 😀

radness

Dec 13, 2019
Actually I could have replaced "oh well" with "I don't give a sh*%" and it would have been more appropriate.
Edited my post to reflect more accuretly what i agreed with :)

At bat like to use the developed skills not
just what someone else says might happen.
Much prefer reading each actual pitch for what it is doing.
Not assume.

Some batters are very selective. Perhaps they would like that pre-thinking.
While I hit everything.

Jul 19, 2020
I tell people this all the time. I think stealing signals is a huge portion of the game. I got this, straight up, from a camp my daughter did. The JMU coach had the catching portion. She said her entire job during a game is to steal signals. She said she would even go so far as to see the striations on a catcher's arm to see what fingers she was holding up.

I think this was the same discussion a few years back in the CWS. A screwball or inside pitch was called, and you literally saw the batter stride to the outside, because it was obvious she knew an inside pitch was coming.
Off topic but I saw JMU in the Knoxville regional this year. That may have been the best on field pregame warm up I’ve ever seen. Fast, efficient, insync. I wish I would have recorded it all.

Feb 17, 2014
The 1B for the Alabama team who won the WCWS a few years ago wrote a book about the experience. She mentions that it was the job of an injured player to pick the other team's signs. She said they never would have won the WCWS without it.

Jun 8, 2016
The 1B for the Alabama team who won the WCWS a few years ago wrote a book about the experience. She mentions that it was the job of an injured player to pick the other team's signs. She said they never would have won the WCWS without it.
That is typical..but it usually isn’t done by the batter..😉

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA