Batter Delay of Game...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 27, 2022
Since you assume something nefarious is going on, in a non-timed game what is the advantage of delaying??

A it’s against the rules.
B it’s a mental play
C you do it enough times and runners ”forget” to return to their base.
D it delays the game. I don’t need to sit there and extra half hour just because…
E reputation of the coach is to play just inside or outside the rules ’cuz most/all umpires won’t call the details and you get an advantage over the course of a game.

Jun 8, 2016
A it’s against the rules.
B it’s a mental play
C you do it enough times and runners ”forget” to return to their base.
D it delays the game. I don’t need to sit there and extra half hour just because…
E reputation of the coach is to play just inside or outside the rules ’cuz most/all umpires won’t call the details and you get an advantage over the course of a game.
You didn't answer my question.

May 27, 2022
Ok fair enough..you really think that is why they are doing it?? Maybe the coach just really loved Pete Rose and is taking the hustle thing a bit too far...

I think hey do it for all those reasons.

its legal to a point. But, at some point it’s folly and/or demeaning to the game. kind of like “the play that almost ruined baseball”.

Jun 8, 2016
I think hey do it for all those reasons.

its legal to a point. But, at some point it’s folly and/or demeaning to the game. kind of like “the play that almost ruined baseball”.
I will agree that it looks dumb..lol.

May 29, 2015
I fully agree with the batter runner legging out anything that could be viable or takes time to be called foul. NO coach, we are not running all the way down to first base on an immediately foul ball. You do your conditioning and discipline during practice.

Yes, it is delaying the game unnecessarily, even in a regulation (untimed) game. Yes, there are a variety of penalties from calling a strike to ejecting the coach.

Jul 27, 2021
I agree to common sense line. Obvious situations (foul balls over the dugout)...stay and move on with the game.

If there is some trickery, like to get a batter on base, then we can start penalizing that team. Cheating is bad.
I still want to see it tried.

But really serious, I hate players that have no morals/ethics.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00