Bats used by College SB Players?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 24, 2009
I have a 2008 Virus somewhere out in the garage. Pretty sure it is illegal everywhere.

Last time I checked that one it was gtg in ASA, NCAA, and pretty much anything not called USSSA/NSA. At one point it did get banned from NCAA, but then showed up on the next approved list. I haven't looked into this bat for a while though, so seek the lists yourself to verify. I'm talking the fastpitch VIRFP1. There was a different model called the lady virus that was/is banned.

The Virfp1 marked the end of Combat's heyday IMO. While the virfp1 performance resembled the famous B1 Da Bomb baseball bat that shattered LL home run records (and then got banned), the Fernandez and later bats that were de-tuned to todays standards don't even come close.

OK, back on topic.

NEF

May 16, 2012
New England
Last time I checked that one it was gtg in ASA, NCAA, and pretty much anything not called USSSA/NSA. At one point it did get banned from NCAA, but then showed up on the next approved list. I haven't looked into this bat for a while though, so seek the lists yourself to verify. I'm talking the fastpitch VIRFP1. There was a different model called the lady virus that was/is banned.

The Virfp1 marked the end of Combat's heyday IMO. While the virfp1 performance resembled the famous B1 Da Bomb baseball bat that shattered LL home run records (and then got banned), the Fernandez and later bats that were de-tuned to todays standards don't even come close.

OK, back on topic.

Purchased a Virfp1 couple of years ago on ebay NIW, I use it regularly to hit fielding practice. CF 5 insane purchased same time period has always been "hotter". the virus feels really light. Saw it on a banned list for slowpitch, but was listed on the last ASA approved list I viewed.

Nov 30, 2013
11 - 2015 Mako -8 &-9 end loaded bats and only 3- 2015 -10 evenly balanced. Cool pic tjintx!

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2010
NJ
Proof the Stealth was one of the best bats in many hitters minds. In last weeks Alabama-Florida game it seemed like the bat of choice.

DD would love one but I'm not spending 5-600 on one. The Mako will have to do.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragonAC