Bat warmers

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 4, 2019
I know this has been discussed before,like 2018, does anyone recommend good bat warmer. They have got to help somewhat or they still wouldn't be selling. Anyone have a favorite. Thanks

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
I have one I really like. Think it was called pyroflite. I dont use it
much anymore as I try not to play in freezing weather anymore...haha

They do help to keep the bat fibers flexible, but if we are talking 40 degrees, the ball is a rock
at that point. Warm bats will help curb damage, but you still have damage possibilities because the ball's compression is up 50-200 over what it's stamped.

Jun 6, 2016
Chicago
But if we are talking 40 degrees, the ball is a rock at that point.

Doesn't it matter (at least somewhat) where the balls are stored?

We play a lot of games in the 40s, but our balls are always stored indoors. Wouldn't it require longer exposure to the cold for the balls to change that much?

Oct 4, 2018

We play a lot of games in the 40s, but our balls are always stored indoors. Wouldn't it require longer exposure to the cold for the balls to change that much?

Yup. Keep balls indoors overnight and bat indoor overnight and your odds of not breaking a bat increase dramatically.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA

it is what it is...you cant keep them warm all the time. But def shouldnt be kept outside in the cold
then wake up and go hitting...haha. Doesnt matter where they are stored as long as they arent frozen. Any
room temp place is fine.

If its 40 degreees out, and the balls have been in a trunk all night or in a unheated shed, they are gonna be cold.
If they are warm, and you bring them out...at some point the balls are gonna get cold no matter what. It just helps
right away.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi