Bat size help

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 18, 2015
I am looking for a new bat fro my daughter and not sure on length/weight...she will be 12 in a few months, is 5ft 5inches tall and weighs 145lbs, has played several years of Little League but now moving on to U12 Travel team. Last year she used a 31" 19oz. bat and hit the ball well with many doubles and triples, she is strong and I am wondering how much to move up in bat size...any recommendations?

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
She is going to see a big difference in pitching speed.

I would look at a 31/21 or 32/22, try to get her hands on some to tryout.

My DD is smaller than yours and swings a 32/22 so I think that would be my first choice but it might be a big leap from her current bat. I would try this one first and see what she thinks.

Some of her Teammates need to be swinging bigger bats then she is currently using. See if you can borrow them for a little bit or if she is uncomfortable ask her coach to do it for her.

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2015
That is kind of the range I was in 32/21 or 32/22 but concerned with the big jump although we have time in off season to get use to it. I think the 31/19 she used last year was light for her but she liked it.

Get her a 32/22. No need to look at anything else.

That size bat will come in all kinds of flavors .... try to have her hit balls with as many different models as you can and pick the one she likes best. Even better, pick the one that likes her best. The list below is a good place to start.

Louisville Slugger Xeno
Louisville Slugger LXT
Easton Mako
Easton FS1
DeMarini CF5/6/7
DeMarini CF5/6/7 Insane

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simonet