Bat Recommndation for 13YO?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

coachbob

Banned
Apr 26, 2012
SoCal
2015 LXT is the most popular bat on my team. However, two girls who stepped up to 33" are using the 2015 Demarini sprite -11, and are hitting bombs. 13 and 14 year olds.

Mar 20, 2014
Northwest
Whatever you decide on, buy it from CoreSoftball20! You won't get a better deal or better customer service anywhere!!!! And you will be supporting a fellow DFPer - which is just a bonus!!!!

Feb 7, 2013
Whatever you decide on, buy it from CoreSoftball20! You won't get a better deal or better customer service anywhere!!!! And you will be supporting a fellow DFPer - which is just a bonus!!!!

Good point. I normally buy from Justbats.com but may try Coresoftball this time.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
Good point. I normally buy from Justbats.com but may try Coresoftball this time.

As you know, my DD grew up as a heavy metal girl. After Steve Anderson left the company, we decided that we no longer wished to support ABC. So we went in search of a composite replacement. After trying all of the major bat manufacturers and their top models, DD settled on the Mizuno Whiteout2 Extreme end-load. It was the closest she could find to swing like her RT. After 9 months, which is the average for DD to blow a composite up or turn a RT into a boat oar, her first one gave way. I sent it back to the manufacturer and the replacement should show up any day now. In the meantime, I contacted Coresoftball20. He recommended the Combat Wanted G3. I have to say that the price was exceptional as was the service. As far as the bat itself goes, I received it yesterday and took it out into the yard for a few test swings. My impressions were that it's very much akin to the Legit2 as far as being an extremely smooth swinging bat. The barrel itself reminds me of the barrels we used to see on the old Easton Stealths. It seems very durable. Compared to the weighting of DD's old RT it was eerily similar. This morning, I took it to our indoor hitting facility and hit some balls with it. This bat is HOT! It's unbelievable how fast the ball comes off the barrel compared to the Mizuno and RT. I've been told by several people that it has a small sweet spot but will open up as it breaks in more. My expectations were that it would be tiny. I found this morning that it's larger than my expectations but not as large as other bats ROW. That said, it still had good pop on mis-hits. DD comes home tomorrow from an out of town concert choir excursion and I can't wait for her to try it. In the meantime, I have to get out the magic eraser so she doesn't know I tried it first;)

I will post a full review of her initial opinion on this bat once she gets home and again after it has had time to break in a bit. As for me, I know this bat is a winner!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA