Bat question by rookie bat buyer

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 24, 2012
I have picked out the brand and model I want. But I don't know if I want a 32/21 or a 31/21. They are balanced bats. Since they both weigh the same, here are my questions.
With the same swing which one will hit farther? Will the feel be noticeable? Will the 32 have a larger sweet spot?
I'm so confused.

May 16, 2010
I have picked out the brand and model I want. But I don't know if I want a 32/21 or a 31/21. They are balanced bats. Since they both weigh the same, here are my questions.
With the same swing which one will hit farther? Will the feel be noticeable? Will the 32 have a larger sweet spot?
I'm so confused.

Scientifically, technically, swung in a lab, the 32 would hit the ball a tiny bit farther. But, there are so many variables in real swings and real pitches, that you woudn't notice much difference. Take the one that feels good to you, when you swing it.

Jun 19, 2012
Go to Justbats.com and enter your child's weight, height, etc. and they will tell you the bat size she needs.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
Go to Justbats.com and enter your child's weight, height, etc. and they will tell you the bat size she needs.

Not a bad starting point, but truthfully not much better than checking your horoscope in the newspaper to see what kind of day you will have.

Players are unique and there's no one bat or size that is universally best for a player of x height and weight. Only way to really know is to swing both and see which one the player thinks feels better. Demo days are great for this, but on-line you might try to call your preferred vendor and see if you couldn't buy both and return one for credit or refund (provided you don't hit balls with it)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mkhill45