Bat For Slappers

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 24, 2014
DD looking to get a new bat for slapping, will be moving up to 14U next season and on verge of outgrowing her CF5. Wants to get an LXT. She said it feels better than the one piece Xeno. I like he performance of the Mako but she's liking the LXT. Looking for recommendations on a bat before I spend the money.

Aug 20, 2013
I've found that the highend bats perform about the same overall for my DD but she's more of a power hitter too. The 2 legit has a 30 day money back guarantee which is great! Demarini has the new slapper bat out now that is tailored for slappers. Lxt has great overall performance and I know of a couple slappers that enjoy them. Whatever she's confident with is probably best. With that said, I have a lightly used -9 Lxt for sale if interested. 32/23

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Hard to go wrong with any of the top brand composites, so I would suggest just buying the one she likes the best after she has tried them. I will say that a slapper on my DD's team got a 2015 LXT but switched to a Xeno after 2 months, but I don't know why. I will call her dad and ask.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
The Xeno is not a one piece bat.

All the manufacturer's top bats are great bats. Just what the kid likes and fits her more will make one perform better for her than another.

Mar 22, 2013
Sunny SC
My DD uses the LXT, slaps and hits for power. She loves that bat. What others have said, it really depends on what she is comfortable with.

Mar 24, 2014
Thanks for the feedback. I thought I read somewhere that the Xeno was a 1 piece. I also forgot about the 2 Legit and will have to check into this bat as well. I'm going to stick with a drop 10 as think the heavier bat mighht cause problems.

Mar 11, 2009
one of my daughters teammates just got the Demarini "Slapper" bat. I will get feedback on it after this week in Colorado and let you know what she thinks of it. Smaller framed kid, fast not alot of power but occasionally will burn left fielder if shallow.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
A girl on my DD's 10U TB team is using a CF8 Slapper (31/21). Because of the way it's balanced, it feels more like a -11. She is doing very well with it, but she's a good hitter with any bat.

Mar 24, 2014
My DD has been using a CF7 Insane bat to slap, using her teammates bat. She also hits from the left side. Pitching wasn't real great so hard to evaluate, but did well slapping.

She wants me to bet her a CF8 Insane but looking for feedback since its advertised as end loaded.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntooutdoors