bat drag

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 22, 2008
NW Pennsylvania
some of you were kind enough to analyze my dd's swing in another thread, & I can see & understand that her biggest flaw seems to be bad bat drag. she lets her back elbow get ahead of her hands & then drops the bat head down to swing on a level plane with the ball instead of taking the barrell directly to the pitch plane. I did some swinging myself on the tee so I could feel what she is doing & try to feel how to correct it. It seems to me that in order to fix this thing I needed to concentrate on making sure the back hip starts to rotate well before the hands start to move. once my belly button starts to turn tward the pitcher, its very hard to get that back elbow in the lead. Am I on the right track???

Hitter

Banned
Dec 6, 2009
some of you were kind enough to analyze my dd's swing in another thread, & I can see & understand that her biggest flaw seems to be bad bat drag. she lets her back elbow get ahead of her hands & then drops the bat head down to swing on a level plane with the ball instead of taking the barrell directly to the pitch plane. I did some swinging myself on the tee so I could feel what she is doing & try to feel how to correct it. It seems to me that in order to fix this thing I needed to concentrate on making sure the back hip starts to rotate well before the hands start to move. once my belly button starts to turn tward the pitcher, its very hard to get that back elbow in the lead. Am I on the right track???

Lane

Give it a few days and I for one want to see how it looks. Great talking with you and the daughter...it was too cool listening to the sound of the bat make more noise as she zeroed in on the ball.

Thanks howard

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KittyGoneWild