bat any good

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 23, 2010
VA, USA
Let me tell you that I've seen a green aluminum Medusa do its thing. One of the teams that I play AGAINST had a girl who had a Medusa. Every single one of those girls used that bat practically. She went on to play school ball after a year with that thing. Girls there used it. Eventually, after a MUCH longer than average career with TONS of girls swinging it during all kinds of crazy weather, the thing died. If it had just been her using it, I honestly believe it might have lived on forever.

A girl on one of my teams uses this and likes it a lot. It's about $20 out of your price range but when you are spending that much money what is $20 extra bucks to get something that you know will be quality and you will have a company that backs it up with a 400 day warranty? Not to mention, this is a composite. Not a top quality, $300 composite, but a composite none the less.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 30, 2010
softballsavings.com have great deals all the time.
A month ago I got my DD a 31-21 mayhem for 80 shipped
We got a plasma for our 10u team but have not used it yet. 56.00 was worth it

May 11, 2009
Amanda

A word of caution with the Eastons with the transparent shells. They were made to show the inner fibers and if there is any stretch or cracking to those fibers they change colors. This is an indication to the ump's that the bat has been tampered with or has exceeded the ASA limit of 125 FPS or 98 MPH BBS. This allows ump's, at a glance, to remove bats even if you have done nothing wrong and the bat probably has a lot of life left in it.
Just my 2 cents worth.

Jan 23, 2010
VA, USA
I've heard a lot of folks complain about the idea of the "Clarity" bats with the transparent shells. However, does anyone know of one actually changing colors? I've yet to hear of one changing colors and I've seen some gals put some great use on them. I'm much more worried about the two piece connection on the Stealths than them changing colors honestly. However, the more I read on the forums and talk to girls I have a feeling the next bat I buy won't come from Easton.

Oct 18, 2009
For the life of me I don't understand the logic behind the marketing of a bat that would go out of its way to tell the world that it has become illegal. It would be like someone making a fast car that would flash wildly, and electronically notify the highway patrol and your insurance company whenever you exceed the speed limit.

May 11, 2009
Right off the Easton website.

"EASTON’S® strained energy optimization patent makes delamination spots visible. When delamination spots are visible, performance exceeds association standards."
"98 MPH performance - visual breakage reveals performance levels exceeding 98 MPH association limits."

I don't like this at all!! Again the fibers will actually change colors.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
I am very familiar with the plasma. My DD used the green one in HS. Now, I search them out for my batting students. I can find NIW ones on Ebay for $60.00. Try it. You won't be disappointed. I have been buying the orange one.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaci’s biggest fan