bat any good

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 26, 2010
looking at a rawlings plasma 33/24 this bat worth looking at daughter plays tournament ball, club ball, and rec ball.

Jan 23, 2010
VA, USA
I've actually never seen anyone use one of these. I consider myself pretty well softball traveled and I've never seen one of these in use.

Don't know what that means about the bat, however. Maybe it is a great secret. ;-)

Jan 23, 2010
VA, USA
I've got four Stealth bats. I've always enjoyed using them, however, I might would be wary of dropping money on another due to the fact that several girls have broken theirs at the two piece connection spot. However, Easton does have GREAT warranty if this happens within the 400 day mark. From my understanding, you can get last years' models right now REALLY cheap. So it is definitely something to think about. I haven't had one snap and you might be just as lucky.

I also have a Catalyst, which I do like. It's not my favorite, however, it does it's purpose and I think it has great pop.

I've used a Synergy bat before and that's a pretty nice bat, I'd recommend any of them if you are interested. For the past several years, the girls on my team have clung to Stealths and Rocket Techs, however, there is being a shift toward Demarani bats. I'd be inclined to check out some of those if you are interested to see what all the noise about them is about.

Ultimately, I suggest trying out what you are interested in if possible. Look at what girls on your daughter's teams are using and have her try out some of those to see if there is anything that she likes.

May 14, 2008
Hello!

I have not had any experience with the Rawlings Plasma, but I do have the Rawlings Rush from a few years ago. Overall, I think that Rawlings is a quality company, but bats of course, are not their specialty so they arn't stellar like DeMarini or Easton bats. I ended up using my Rawlings bat for one school season and tournament play during the summer, and it was pretty good. At the end of the summer I purchased a CF3 and I gave that one more attention than I did with my Rawlings, and now I hardly use it at all. I think that for the price, the Plasma seems like a good bat to look into, but remember that if your daughter is looking to be ahead of the pack, it might not meet her wishes.

I don't know if you've already seen this review site, but I like it a lot. The review on the Rawlings Plasma is from 2008, but it still might be helpful for you...
The Coach Reviews – Rawlings Plasma GOLD Fastpitch Bat

Anyways, I hope that I helped! Like always, it is very hard to judge a bat just by their descriptions and pictures. If you can, find one to have your daughter to try out before making the purchase. I know that holding the bat and feeling what I'm purchasing is much more helpful than blindly purchasing from the internet or other sources..

Feb 26, 2010
Thanks for all the help. My daughter uses the bats provided by the teams and has used other girls bats. There are bats she likes but my wallet has to shy away from them, but thanks for the help

Jan 23, 2010
VA, USA
What is your price range? If you give us an idea, we might be able to point you towards the top of the line stuff for that amount of money. Also, a lot of last year's models are on sale right now. Definitely something to look into.

May 28, 2008
purchased one last year for my kid as her number 2 bat. Get it you won't be disappointed for the cost! She loves the feel!

One of my girls uses the Plasma for bp in the cage only (on super cold mornings too) She likes the way it feels but theres no pop. Thats the only time i've seen a Plasma other than in stores. Not to many performance/composite out there under$150. Take your DD to a few sports stores and have her hold a few is your best way.
Funny thing...5 years ago took my dd(12yrs old at time) window shopping for bats. I was willing to fork out $200-$300 for top of the line, she fell in love with the green aluminum Medusa by DiMarini...$69. Tried talking her out of it but was overuled..she just loved the way the grip felt in her hands, but more importantly....greens her favorite color. That summer she had teams best batting average and led in rbi's....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooneyham6877