Banned bats?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 19, 2009
I understand there is a new banned bat list 12 pages NCAA. Some of the bats I was told are the older RT, DM Phoenix , and some Eastons.

Anyone know where to find the list or if it exist?

Jan 23, 2010
VA, USA
I believe that you can access the list of legal bats on the NCAA website, to check to see if your bat model is legal. I can say that the earliest Easton Stealth that was purple and white (-10) is illegal... that's just one that I know off the top of my head, since several girls on my college team had that model.

Oct 19, 2009
Thanks softballphreak & amanda_cake dauthers future college coach email her and asked about her bat and advised of a new 12 page list of banned bats. She advised that it would be near the end of the week before she would get back with her and she was concerned her bat was not on the list; which it is not.

Looks like a trip to the bat store$$$$$$.

Jan 23, 2010
VA, USA
Thanks softballphreak & amanda_cake dauthers future college coach email her and asked about her bat and advised of a new 12 page list of banned bats. She advised that it would be near the end of the week before she would get back with her and she was concerned her bat was not on the list; which it is not.

Looks like a trip to the bat store$$$$$$.

My dad recently made a trip to the bat store... I had three bats in the bag (light blue Catalyst, black and purple Stealth--the original, and an alloy Stealth) and out of the three, one was illegal. Of course the one that was illegal was my go to, the Catalyst. I'd post model numbers and such, but my bat bag is in the softball room and I'm typing this from my dorm. Daddy bought me a new Synergy to replace the Catty, since I think the Stealth is on it's last legal and was surprised that it wasn't illegal to begin with, since the white and purple original from whatever year is...

The problem with buying bats now is that a new list comes out every month, so what's legal right now might not be legal by the time your kid gets to playing. I wouldn't go to the bat store until it's absolutely necessary. As long as what she has is legal in her current organization, let her play with it. Buy a bat for her when she gets to college.

Oct 19, 2009
Daughter has used a Demarini Phenix 34/26 since she was 15 (she is currently 17) the thing
has been indestructible and she loves the bat, kind of dread telling her. She was given a Demarini CF4 34/25 by her summer coach and she did not like it, but it is still in the bag like new.

I like what I’ve seen out of the Xeon, but I’ve heard they lose their pop after a few months.

amanda_cake
Daddy bought me a new Synergy to replace the Catty.

Us dads are special!!!!! :cool:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mizenikki1