Ball Off The End Of The Bat

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 4, 2010
Lately my DD has been hitting the ball off of the end of the bat. The ball is going back to the pitcher. 12u hitter who has occasional power. The last few games she has only hit one ball out of the infield. Everything is a hard swing stepping towards the pitcher and the ball hit back to the pitcher with no authority.What could be the problem. She is frustrated and is asking for help.

Jim

Apr 24, 2011
Ohio
She may need to try to keep her barrel inside the ball more during practice. It sounds like she is casting the barrel out and around the ball causing her to smother around it off the end of the bat. She may be trying too hard which can cause her to pull off the ball with her front side. Or she may just need to see the ball a little better and deeper into the hitting zone.

Jul 21, 2008
Sounds like she is early ...could just be a time issue

Like Jim said work on staying inside the ball, I like to tell my player to let the ball get deep and drive the ball to the right centerfield gap. To do this they have to hit the inside of the ball. You can work on this from a Tee by putting the ball on the tee with 2 seems facing out, one seem will be on the outside and one will be on the inside. Work on hitting the inside seem of the ball.

Jun 25, 2009
We were having the same problem show up a couple months ago. She had on a shirt with some white words on the front at hitting, and her coach could really see her pulling out her front shoulder early. He worked with it and now all is better. She was also having some timing issues getting out front as well. TG for hitting coaches. They can see things I don't pick up even on tape.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Char4eyes