Back foot

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 18, 2015
I believe Nolan Arenado (Rockies) has a pretty severe case of "happy feet" prior to his swing. Noontime may have gifs available (sorry - not sure what the website is for his stuff). Did a quick google search - found the Peabody Baseball site that lists a lot of hitters (GIFs), but the actual gifs didn't work for me - maybe you'll have better luck: https://gfycat.com/ConventionalFlatJuliabutterfly

Edit: above link does work on my phone. But it's of his swing, not stance / pre-swing. Thank you Eric for the Noon link.

Last edited:
May 24, 2013
So Cal
May 23, 2012
Eastlake, OH
Sounds like your DD is just trying to get a running start. She may even be getting some coil or load after that initial step. Like a walk up drill or Happy Gilmore, etc. So maybe try a walk up swing to feel what she feels and why she uses it and then try to show her how she can do the same thing from a more static position.

Jan 28, 2017
Sounds like your DD is just trying to get a running start. She may even be getting some coil or load after that initial step. Like a walk up drill or Happy Gilmore, etc. So maybe try a walk up swing to feel what she feels and why she uses it and then try to show her how she can do the same thing from a more static position.

Kinda like a walk up drill. We have hit twice since her last game and she doesn't do it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad