Back foot in the air

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 9, 2009
SoCal - OC
Another parent took this of my DD in a travel ball (12U) game today either right before or after contact. I have never noticed that her back foot comes off the ground (at least here). Just wondering if this is Normal/OK/Strange/Odd etc and what the impact on her hitting might be. Result was a double to the Left-Center gap.

MDG
HBBreezeHit.jpg

Jan 25, 2011
Thats great,using all the energy created and putting it into the ball! Nice looking swing,like the hands,the her head is on the ball.Keep up the good work.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
I don't know if I would recommend picking up her foot up entirely, but pivoting onto the tip of her toe during follow through is fine.

May 16, 2010
Another parent took this of my DD in a travel ball (12U) game today either right before or after contact. I have never noticed that her back foot comes off the ground (at least here). Just wondering if this is Normal/OK/Strange/Odd etc and what the impact on her hitting might be. Result was a double to the Left-Center gap.

MDG
View attachment 1984

Nothing wrong with that. It means the weight got shifted to the front leg. She could work on not leaning the head over toward the front foot.

Jan 1, 2011
Alabama
SEC D1 hitting coach asked me if i would believe that Barry Bonds could hit a home run with both feet off the ground. I said no. Then he showed me the slow motion video of several Bonds swings where at contact both his feet were in the air. This was Bonds Light not Bonds Supreme.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
SEC D1 hitting coach asked me if i would believe that Barry Bonds could hit a home run with both feet off the ground. I said no. Then he showed me the slow motion video of several Bonds swings where at contact both his feet were in the air. This was Bonds Light not Bonds Supreme.

I too will need video evidence

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR

I have several videos of Bonds ... he has a swing worthy of studying .... but not a single video supports your assertion of him making contact with both feet in the air.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdwingnut