Avoid Softball.com

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 4, 2011
Colorado
I don't often post negativity but out of respect for your sanity I would suggest avoiding softball.com Two weeks ago I ordered a LXT for a low price of $149 with no shipping. The saying is you get what you pay for but in this case its you don't get what you pay for. Hadn't gotten a shipping date or planned shipping date or confirmation so I've been calling them all week. After 55 minutes on hold today I got someone to say they would check in to my order and call back...5 hours later I called again and spent 1 hr 57 min on hold to find out they could not confirm when it will be shipped due to a software update. Argh.

Mar 21, 2013
In fairness I did get an email from them stating that their site would be down for software and program upgrades. As a result they had a backlog of calls and email, but assured they would get back to the customers.

Feb 18, 2014
I have purchased from them multiple times and have been very satisfied.

You could be the nicest person in the world, and someone somewhere is sick of your crap..... Same goes for stores.

Oct 1, 2014
USA
Recently had quite the experience ordering some catchers gear from them, wasn't very happy at the time with the way it was handled and lack of info but in the end it worked out alright... Never experienced those kind of hold times, that would have pushed me over the edge!

Jul 23, 2014
I've ordered several times from them with no problem as well. I wonder what the issue is/was?

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
It looks like they are having computer Issues that they are not handling very well.

I am not sure how large they are but I would hope they will be offering some customers a meaningful “sorry” discount or gift.

Feb 12, 2014
I have always had good experiences with them up until a couple of weeks ago when they seemed to be having major issues with their website. It would not let me order items that were clearly in stock. It's a shame because they have an outstanding selection of merchandise. I hope they get their tech issues in order because it is clearly costing them business.

Oct 16, 2014
I've ordered from them in the past and I'd say at least 50% of the time the item went on backorder and they could not guarantee the shipping time even though I'd selected expedited shipping. In those instances I'd had to cancel the order which was never a problem.

Fast forward to last week. I ordered an item that I later believed was a mistake. The item pictured did not match the item model # so I called to confirm which one I was actually getting. I was on hold 40 minutes and when the girl finally answered I told her my issue and she quickly rattled off the "our system is being upgraded and I can't guarantee items will ship on time" which wasn't what I asked about (they must be getting a lot of those calls). Anyway we decided it was best to just cancel my order. Which she did. But it's been 7 days and the charge still has not dropped off my credit card. It was a full processed charge, not a pending, for an item they didn't process or ship or even know when they will ship. I dread having to call them back about this :(..It's a shame, too, because I like how they are linked with Amazon payments