At contact

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Good, but he said ''front side'' view.

23ia1ll.jpg

swwv2v.jpg

Jun 1, 2013
I appreciate the posts of pics, rdbass had a good one I thought but deleted it. Please take your cat fight elsewhere. I will start a thread labeled cat fight just for you guys. Disagree, agree to disagree, call names or whatever you want in that thread. Too many good threads on hitting gets side tracked with your guys differences. I will start the cat fight thread in hitting technical for you guys.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Easton ..... some believe it is the discussions on disagreements that help folks understand the details. Just something to consider.

You asked for photos of 'contact' from the front view. So far you've received two such photos.

You can go to the thread on swing clips. There you will find several swings taken from the pitcher's view. Simply stop the video at contact and you'll have what you are after.

Jun 1, 2013
I agree with you. However, this is a long and drawn out discussion. Actually it usually isn't a discussion just a lot of 1 sentence jabs at each other. It is entertaining at times and some times it just isn't. I value your contributions as I do everyone, maybe not everyone (oilf) but almost. I just would like to see a thread where you guys get in on and at the end have some sort of a conclusion to the discussion.

Oct 10, 2011
Pacific Northwest
One of my favorites

north_dakota_st_arizona_st_softball_300.jpg...

I use this view a lot, a pic, that shows so many important aspects of the swing, to those that scream DIP, when they see a girl TILT.

I just used this image to a parent whos young DD "pulls her head".
I just said watch her Spine angle at launch, and spine angle at contact, this could and usually is the reason for a pulled head.

Culprit, "swing level".

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi