Arm Care

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 8, 2018
Sore but in the shoulder area. They keep starting and stopping VB due to Covid.

Ok. It’s a little overuse soreness. Don’t ice it or anything. I would start an arm care program with bands. Get the arm strength up to speed. Internal and external rotations etc. work the whole shoulder girdle. 2-3 days per week depending on practice and game schedules. That will help with injury. Soreness is part of the process.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jan 28, 2017
Ok. It’s a little overuse soreness. Don’t ice it or anything. I would start an arm care program with bands. Get the arm strength up to speed. Internal and external rotations etc. work the whole shoulder girdle. 2-3 days per week depending on practice and game schedules. That will help with injury. Soreness is part of the process.

We do a band program. VB just gets her

Nov 8, 2018
We do a band program. VB just gets her

Excellent. When she gets more consistent she should adapt.
Or she could do similar movements at home to help strengthen the area. Or she is swinging wrong and there needs to be a technique modification.
My daughter was tearing up her arm throwing overhand. Had to change her arm path.
Hope it works out.

Nov 22, 2019
My 10-U DD is currently feeling some shoulder soreness after throwing 90+ game pitches on both Saturday and then again on Sunday. She said it's sore when she does a pitching motion (I guess she was doing it around the house), not just sitting there and it's not sore to the touch. She's never pitched close to that many pitches in a game, let alone on back to back days. Typically she'd throw like 2 innings and no back to back, so a big jump. She also just started throwing a lot harder from the summer vs the fall. After Saturday she just said her legs were sore.

They were going to throw her out for more when I told the coach she was done against my DD's wishes at the time. She hasn't been able to fully transition to IR yet, and has an in-between motion, so I don't know if that puts more stress on the shoulder.

Just rest and stretch?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi