Appealable calls

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
Two things stuck out in my head on this play. One was the line of sight to the ball was blocked , two the ball never changed directions in any way off the bat. I have several parents that video on the team, most video their own DD batting but I am going to see if anyone has video of it to show you.
The call is really beside the point of my post though, more wanted what Marriard posted as reference to save my breathe at a later time.

Yeah at this point it doesn't matter either way. And it didn't matter then either. Once the umpire called that it hit the player, it has officially hit the player. There is no taking that back.

Foul balls are the same - once it is a foul ball, it is a foul ball. There is no changing your mind (one exception on OTF home runs). That is why you are taught to never call it foul until it is actually 100% foul.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
Two calls come to my mind.

DD was called out at 1st for LBR, yelled out pitcher is not in the circle. Ump looked and saw I was right.

More embarrassingly for DD and me is I am on 3rd base side OF, DD got a little popup at 2nd base. IFR. She dropped it. Runner on 1st is just going, do not think She knew what tag up is. I yelled to DD throw it to 1st, umpire heard me I did not realize I was that load . Ump yelled across the field to me, explaing the rule. Wrong and load is not a good mix. Settled me down quite a bit. No more yelling, just swore under my breath.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi