Anyone use this?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 5, 2009
NE Kansas
I sit on a cooler most times when catching, and cut out the end of the cooler and duct taped plexiglass over the opening. Have the speedtrac placed in the end facing DD and she loves it. I use the batteries, Don't use it that much, but it is always available and protected. When she smiles and points down, I know I have to accuse her of a bad reading. :)

Oct 22, 2009
PA
My DD's PC used to use it. He would set it up behind a screen and have the girls pitch into the screen. In general, the girls had to improve their mechanics to improve their speed, so it was a good way for them to get immediate pitch to pitch feedback. I'll have to ask him why he doesn't use it anymore?!

Jun 24, 2011
menomonee falls, wi
Awesome idea with the cooler Abbygale!! I was thinking to help her work on her mechanics this would be a good idea, (and I'm not about to hold a gun for every pitch). She is better at fixing her problems by herself, rather than someone other than her PC telling her, other than an occasional reminder. So for the other 4 days of the week I figured this would be a great idea. So I think I'm sold on my first gun purchase!!

Oh yea, the owner of the gun we borrow to check DD says his reads 3 mph slow, lol. (his daughter used to pitch)
I think his is pretty spot on but now we can compare. Thanks for the input!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA