anyone going to Myrtle this and next week?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 6, 2015
Leaving tomrrow, splitting drive (10 hours if straight through) into two days. Looking forward to girls refocusing after a dissappointing state "B" championship tournament last weekend (placed 5th). Also looking forward to seeing some different teams for a change.

Reccomendations?

Aug 19, 2015
Atlanta, GA
I don't know where you are playing or staying, but we ate at this place last time we were there. Doesn't look like much from the outside, but we thought it was great!

And if you have time to kill, this Alligator Park was surprisingly fun!

Feb 25, 2020
If in North myrtle, Gino's pizza is pretty legit for a pizza night. Greg Normans restaraunt is always pretty good for a nice steakhouse dinner. If youre feeling fancy a place called Parsons Table in Little River is very nice.

May 22, 2015
Illinois
We went a couple of years ago and had a great time. The beach of course was awesome. All the fields DD played on were top notch. As a Midwesterner I’m not sure if this was normal for that area, but it rained everyday and games were delayed at some point every single day we were there. Made it tough to really make any extracurricular plans. The girls all went to an aquarium someplace and had a good time. Jimmy Buffets Restaurant was a cool place to go eat and hang out.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
If by chance you have an off day, or finish playing early and have a ton of day left for the beach, I know where the absolute prettiest place on the Grand Strand is!

The "Point" at Cherry Grove Beach. Cherry Grove is just above N. Myrtle and it's the farthest point North you can go, it's at the very end of N. Myrtle / Cherry Grove.

It's called the Point because it's where an inlet dumps into the Atlantic and the beach turns and makes a 90 degree bend towards the inlet. This place is beautiful, you almost don't feel like you're at a SC beach! There's places where you can walk wayyy out in the water (100 yards+) and the water is just chest deep, and the scenery across the inlet looks like a calendar shoot!

It's a little bit of a chore to get there, you have the go all the way to the end of Cherry Grove (on ocean front road), literally you run into the woods, you take this little cut through path / trail through the woods and it connects to a boardwalk at the very last hotel (it may be condos?) at Cherry Grove (did I mention it's at the very end). :rolleyes:

That boardwalk dumps out at the beach, from there go dead left and start walking, it's not a mile but it's a good little hike, and well worth it!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish