Any comments?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 19, 2012
Any comments on this swing? Teammate of my daughters.

[video=youtube_share;E3vRkM_orpE]http://youtu.be/E3vRkM_orpE[/video]

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Good swing, room for improvement. Needs to get some/more drive off her rear side/leg. Seems like she is in a hurry to get up on her toes on her rear foot. I would like to see a little more bend in her rear leg. When she first starts towards the ball with her arms/hands she looks like she is trying too hard to maintain a certain position with her arms. MTS said it before with another girl needs oily hands. Needs to loosen up with her arms.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
deur8z.gif

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Also, keep the front shoulder in a little longer. On this 1 swing pulling off the ball just a little to soon. Ball is hit off the top/towards top of the bat. Keeping the front shoulder in a little longer will have you hitting the ball off the sweet spot of the bat. JMHO.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
Fantastic build for softball but that swing is all push. Way out of sequence

Could you please elaborate as to why you think it is way out of sequence? As far as I can see, this is almost a model swing based on the stack method "linear" swing taught by Coach Candrea and many other D1 coaches. Batter loads by shifting the weight back. Note, she is not coiling but shifting her weight back. The hips initiate the swing. Hands follow the hips driving forward towards the pitcher and the back elbow stays " stacked" over her back leg/thigh. As the hands get driven forward by the hips and the batters weight begins to shift from back to front, the bat comes into strike zone, stays long through the zone and ultimately finishes high with belly pointing to CF or LCF. The whole swing gets the entire mass/momentum derived from the hip and leg drive and directs it in a line back towards the pitcher/center field.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntooutdoors