Another "Which Bat?"

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Hitter

Banned
Dec 6, 2009
At 6 ft. tall. I would definitely be looking for a 34 inch bat. As long as you are taking out a loan, get her an '04 Rocketech. We lived in IL most of my life and then, very cold Flagstaff, AZ. The bat held up fine. I should have kept it.

We try to measure bat speed with what ever bat she currently has using the Swing Speed Radar Unit which measure from the sweet spot when set up correctly verses some that measure off the end of the bat which could raise the speed 10 to 15 percent.

Next question is can she get the bat to the proper hand path and drive the ball up the middle and to the opposite field?

If she can then consider is she using a balanced bat or an end loaded bat? What is her current bat speed? New bat speed? End loaded verses balanced?

If none of the above get her a $7 dollar ball peen hammer. Use the flat side verses rounded! Teach her how to drive a nail into the secured edge of a 2 x 4 without out bending the nail.

Then explain using a grip the supplies bat control and leverage using the wrist. Using the wrist will be a new thing for girls and how they use the hammer is price less as most dads have never shown them how!

Spend the rest of your money on lessons and then when you think and the instructor think she is ready to handle an end loaded bat get her one! Until then, a balanced bat, as most bats are and I say this with an ASA smile on my face, supposed to be manufactured to the same standards so they should perform the same provided you have a good hitting technique and that cost extra!

Thanks Howard

Jan 14, 2009
Atlanta, Georgia
I'm also in the market for a new bat for my 13 yo daughter. If the following bats were all the same price, which one would you buy if any? Her last bat was a Easton Synergy (Blue).

2009 Easton Stealth Clarity (Green)
2010 Easton Steath Speed (White/Purple)
2009 Anderson RockeTech
2010 Anderson RockeTech

Thanks

May 11, 2009
Wellphyt

We have a Clarity and none of the girls will swing it. I have used it in BP some and I am not impressed at all with it. Besides the fact that if at any time the fibers start to change colors that is an indicator to the umps that it has either been tampered with or has surpassed the 2009 ASA standards. We don't take it to tourneys at all.

I have no experience with the new Stealth we have a 2008 Purple/White Stealth and it is a good bat but they do have some durability issues.

As far as the Anderson's go. Those would be the ones I would choose hands down. Either one. The 2009 will be cheaper to buy right now and it will perform very well for you. Don't count out the 2010 TechZilla either. It to is a great bat from experience. Keep in mind they are a bit end loaded bats so make sure your DD is use to it. If she is not use to that it will take some getting use to and they will feel heavy to her. If she is only use to balanced bats I would buy the Nano Tek. I know I sound like a spokesperson for Anderson but we have been through a ton of bats and they have been great bats and their customer service is great as well.

Good Luck in your quest!!
Mike

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2009
If she can swing an endloaded get her the 09 rockettech. Just my opinion but I would have her swing a broomstick before I would give easton a dime of my money.

Feb 1, 2010
Midwest
Last year, DD had the 32-22 Purple Stealth which, of course, broke. Several girls had that bat and everyone seemed to love it if only for a short while. Returned it on warranty though, and (un)fortunately Easton sent the Clarity as a replacement. At the same time, DD also had the an '08 Rocketech (32-23) and had several rocket line drives and seamingly good success with it through the cold spring high school season and into the summer, but complained it was a bit heavy after a small slump towards the latter part of summer.

To the DD's parent's (my wife & I) disappointment, she's been using the Clarity all winter. Now, after a tee drill at a college clinic, there's a beauty of a gouge in it about an inch from the end. I think that it now might be illegal to use, so she may be forced to start the season with the Rocketech again. If I need to get another bat, I'll definitely be looking at the Nanotek. I've also heard good things about the Worth Toxic. Does anyone have info on that bat???

Aug 4, 2008
Lexington,Ohio
Save your money and buy any 2009 over a 2010. All you have to do is read the bat restrictions on the ASA web stie for 2010. I feel the same about Easton and they will not get a dime of my money and we refuse to test them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YOUNGG