An actual BAT thread.....from me!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 19, 2012
DD first legit bat was a miken MV3 back in 8u.
It got left at the ball park to never be seen again. This past summer I found a 33/24 miken mv3. She loves the bat doesn't have the "sound of her ghost advanced" but it's dare I say hotter lol.

May 7, 2015
SoCal
When this whole deal started with DD1, I used to only buy bats that were on huge sales... Anyway, loved the Miken Halo's and combats. Every year you could find them for $80-$90 new. Tough bats and I really do think they were pretty hot.

Here's a pic of the bat stash.. Haha Miken Halo light 28-12.5..like swinging a feather
1616508450443.png

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Just put a Dark Blue Lizard Skin on it, better than new!

After being rained out 3 times last week, hopefully I get to meet the team tonight? Wonder how many of these girls with a shiny new aluminum bat with a sweet paint scheme will turn their nose up at this beat up Miken?

May 7, 2015
SoCal
If they don't like the beat up Miken, tell I'll send you an great condition Easton Torq (green bat near the right) for free! Haha... However cool these off brand little bats were, the opposite end of the spectrum was the Torq....

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
If they don't like the beat up Miken, tell I'll send you an great condition Easton Torq (green bat near the right) for free! Haha... However cool these off brand little bats were, the opposite end of the spectrum was the Torq....
Was it that bad? I never actually hit one but was under the impression it was a normal Mako barrel with the gimmick handle! I did however epoxy the handle on one so it wouldn't move and re-gripped it with a regular Lizard Skin.

I do remember when they were like negative $19.00 (-$19.00 :giggle:) I just about bought one! The Dad of the one I epoxied told me he could care less if I screwed it up....he said go for it, you can't hurt it!

Always wondered if the designer / engineer / marketing guy for Easton ever got fired for this little flop of a bat?

We did have a 2015 Mako, if in fact it is/was the same barrel, it took about 2800 swings to a telephone pole to start to open up!

May 7, 2015
SoCal
Was it that bad? I never actually hit one but was under the impression it was a normal Mako barrel with the gimmick handle! I did however epoxy the handle on one so it wouldn't move and re-gripped it with a regular Lizard Skin.

I do remember when they were like negative $19.00 (-$19.00 :giggle:) I just about bought one! The Dad of the one I epoxied told me he could care less if I screwed it up....he said go for it, you can't hurt it!

Always wondered if the designer / engineer / marketing guy for Easton ever got fired for this little flop of a bat?

We did have a 2015 Mako, if in fact it is/was the same barrel, it took about 2800 swings to a telephone pole to start to open up!

DD must've not been close to the 2800 swings (to a telephone pole) to get it hot, hahaha... It was OK, the handle was a weird gimmick. I really don't think the handle would do anything negative, it's just that it was SOOOOO different. When she left easton back then, never went back until the ghost... I'm trying to keep all of her bats that have some meaning.. It's a nice little collection now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish