Amazing 9 inning Game

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 7, 2015
My daughter had her playoffs this weekend and on Sunday they were playing in the first game. It was 7-5 going into the bottom of the 7'th and they were winning with the other team coming up. The other team got 2 runs to tie it. We head into the 8'th with a runner starting on second base. We get 3 runs in the top of the 8'th. Super exciting. We got the first two batters out with no runs scored. The girl that started on second was now on third but there were two down. Then a base hit. Then a walk. Now they've scored one run with runners on first and second. Then a past ball. Tying run is on second. Dropped third strike and an overthrow to first and they've tied the game. We get the next batter so now its on to the ninth.

Top of the ninth we score our runner from second but that is it. Now if we can just hold them. They end up scoring two runs to beat us in the bottom of the ninth.

That was the most exciting game I can remember in such a long time. What made it more exciting is the game on the field next to us was over and they all came over to watch. The next two teams were waiting to play so they were all watching. The place was packed and the tension was thick.

I was so proud of my daughter for keeping her composure. She was pitching the last 5 innings of the game. I was so nervous for her but she was as cool as could be (at least it appeared that way). After the game she said she was so nervous. I wish we would've won but I didn't feel too bad.. it was such a fun game to watch.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salgonzalez