Amanda Scarborough- The Packaged Deal

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 12, 2015
To me the best part of these types of camps is the girls get to meet these amazing role models. Mine has met Jennie Finch several times, Crystl Bustos, Cat Osterman, Lauren Chamberlain. She says if she can meet Amanda and Monica Abbott she'll be happy.

Feb 12, 2014
To me the best part of these types of camps is the girls get to meet these amazing role models. Mine has met Jennie Finch several times, Crystl Bustos, Cat Osterman, Lauren Chamberlain. She says if she can meet Amanda and Monica Abbott she'll be happy.

Agree 100%. DD is signed up for defense and hitting in Columbus, OH. I really don't care if she learns a thing about softball, I just want her to be around these women! They are wonderful examples for young girls.

Jan 31, 2014
North Carolina
Last fall, DD went to pitching session and I ponied up to observe as a coach. Pitching was very good, catching was exceptional, hitting was strong, defense was solid enough. The "Package" ladies were all tremendous. Very invested in the participants and willing to answer this old codger's questions.

Oct 1, 2014
USA
Took my DD's last year (couldn't make it this year due to Team commitments) and thought it was a great experience overall. Both girls thought it was cool to meet Amanda and Jen and we continue to follow them. Both women should be commended for their contributions to the sport and their positive influence on our kids.

Aug 12, 2014
I took my DD to one a bit over a year ago. She did pitching and hitting. It's hard to learn a ton in that short of time in a group setting like that, but it helped her understand the commitment she needs to make if she wants to improve. And as others have said, the coaches all give great messages to the girls.

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
When I was a full time pitcher, Amanda Scarborough was...and still is one of my role models along with Jen Schro for catching. I'd watch Amanda's YouTube videos on pitching as much as I could and tried to emulate her and her workouts as much as I possibly could. She was the best online pitching coach I could have asked for.

Jun 19, 2014
Raleigh,NC
My daughter enjoyed going both times. She learned something new at each one of the clinics. I really enjoy seeing the growth Amanda has made as an instructor. Jen remembered my daughter the second time at the Packaged Deal….which was nice, since it made my daughter feel special…something they did well, was giving positive feedback to the girls…I do wish there was an intermediate/advance pitching clinic…and a little bit longer for the stations…while some were just right, other stations seemed rushed. But, overall a good experience with highly skilled players who most importantly, spoke on their level in a manner that the girls understood.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KittyGoneWild