Am I doing the right thing?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
Conversation continued....
HC - "Take a lesson or two, learn the mechanics from someone who knows how to teach proper form, practice at home and get your DD where she can throw some strikes and we will work in her for a couple of innings to see how she does."

Parent: Thx coach...Will do... can you recommend a ASA, USA, or NSA certified PC ???

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Parent: Thx coach...Will do... can you recommend a ASA, USA, or NSA certified PC ???

HC - "Yes, I will be happy to get you in touch with some pitching coaches that may be a good fit for your DD"......

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
HC - "Yes, I will be happy to get you in touch with some pitching coaches that may be a good fit for your DD"......

Parent: Great... I have all DD's info...BirthCertificate...PT's Certificate... ect... copied and laminated and reduced in a 5x7 pouch, in the batbag to give you. I'm sure the Certification Ceritificate of the PC will fit good. Thx Again !!! :cool:

Aug 20, 2013
Thanks to all. We have been taking private pitching lessons since the beginning of summer and we throw at least 3 days a week. I would never expect a coach to teach pitching. They should be there for the team and not for just one kid.

She pitched another inning this weekend and it was pretty rough, but no rougher than any of the other kids pitching so we are at least on an even playing field with kids our same age working on it as long. The two travel kids were mysteriously absent. The coach has now decided to pretty much call our season off 3 weeks early which on one hand I am aggravated with, but on the other hand know that we will get a lot more from private lessons twice a week(one pitching and alternating hitting and fielding) and a lot less stressful for me.

As to waiting on the call, I won't beg to be part of an organization that doesn't want my help. Some groups shut out any newbies on purpose and I just won't be part of something that doesn't welcome an honest effort to help. Plus, I feel that pushing my way in to promote my daughter's interests is in some ways "daddy ball" and I don't care for that. I have offered to step up, I will continue to write my name down on the forms and encourage others to do so, but I won't beg. No one wants to be where they aren't wanted.

We start volleyball tomorrow night and hoping this is a better situation over all and have hopes that Spring sofball will be a whole new ball game! Pun intended.

GG

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
We have been taking private pitching lessons since the beginning of summer and we throw at least 3 days a week. I would never expect a coach to teach pitching. They should be there for the team and not for just one kid.

I love a story with a happy ending!!!!

It takes 4-6 months for most pitchers to consistently throw strikes. I would also recommend you get your DD on a team where she will be the #1 or #2 pitcher. Circle time is very important in the development of a pitcher, even if it means playing on a lower level TB or rec team. Learning to pitch is a marathon, not a sprint, do not let your DD get discouraged if other pitchers in her age group are more polished.

Aug 20, 2013
I am really hoping that it will be clear if she can be #1 or #2 by sign-ups and if not, I will have to look around at other leagues. There are 3 other leagues locally, but they don't have the best rep for organization overall. We were a bit of a mess for fall, but spring in our league is always well done.

We have a bit of "daddy ball" who's kids are pitchers. I have heard both on here that if she puts in the time, her work will place her, but I have also heard, she still might loose out to a coaches kid no matter how strong she is. So for now, I am going to continue with our lessons and practice and put the other leagues sign-up times on my calendar. How do you investigate the pitching needs of other leagues? I wouldn't even know where to begin. I guess I will see if they have winter work outs like ours and see about attending one or two??

Sorry, just typing as I think.

GG

Jun 24, 2013
Rec leagues can be great for getting mound time, just make sure she aint the only horse in the stable or she will be rode hard and put away wet. Nothing like the expectations of being both the savior and crucifier of your team all rolled into one.

Apr 16, 2013
Rec leagues can be great for getting mound time, just make sure she aint the only horse in the stable or she will be rode hard and put away wet. Nothing like the expectations of being both the savior and crucifier of your team all rolled into one.

I don't know about your league, but here ours (both baseball and softball) have a 2 inning limit for pitchers.

Aug 29, 2011
NorCal
For us per game limits on P in rec
8U - 2
10U - 3
12U - 3
14+ - 4

They want at least 2 pitches to appear in every game so that that one girl doesn't just dominate the rec league.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi