All a Parent can hope for !

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 28, 2013

Boyd Nowicki's photo.

Boyd Nowicki‎I Love Fastpitch Softball

Sam Nowicki - April 26 ·

Dear softball,
Our time together has come to a close. I've given you countless hours, blood, sweat, too many tears, injuries, and absolute dedication for the last 15 years. You've taught me more about myself than anyone or anything. You taught me that I can always take more than my body thinks. You taught me that winning isn't always everything and striking out isn't actually a total failure. You showed me that losing actually teaches you more about yourself and your teammates than winning. You taught me that perfect practice makes perfect. You taught me that hard work in the off season pays off in big ways. You also taught me that cheating myself because I was tired would never get me anywhere. You showed me that the relationships with my teammates were almost more important than the countless hours I put in at practice. You taught me how to be a leader and to always give it my all. I would like to thank softball for teaching me life lessons that I can take away with me even after my time has come. I never thought I would stop playing softball, i never thought it would be my time. Well now it's my time. I will never play this game again to the level I've worked my way up to. Now that's it's over, for all those times I said "I can't wait for this game to be over" I regret, because now it's over and I can't get it back. I don't get another shot. For those of you that still have the opportunity to play softball do not take it for granted and do not wish it away. Play for the little girl that started softball in the first place. Play for the little girl who started to play to have fun and be with her friends. Don't lose sight of that and lay it all out there because it will be gone as fast as a pitch goes by and you'll wish you could give everything to have it back. So goodbye softball. Thank you for the life lessons, life beatings, and giving me the opportunity to grow as a person on and off the field. I'll never forget you and I'll never forget what it feels like to step inside the circle or in the batters box. I hope that you'll give someone as much joy and happiness that I found in you.

Good bye softball. Thanks for the memories

Sincerely,
A little girl who got to play college softball

Like · Comment · Share

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooneyham6877