Albert P

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 28, 2008
Here is Albert teaching opposite field swing mechanics for driving the ball deep to the right center field gap with Big Mac.

264l6ww.gif

jpwxu8.gif
mkc2z4.gif

aaad1g.gif

Lil'E VIP

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2008
Are you saying he WANTS to get on top of the ball for distance? Or is this a drill for correcting 'toping the ball'.

Goingdeep,

sorry I had to reword this it wasn't for getting on top of the ball. This demo was for driving the ball to right center.

Lil'E VIP

Jul 28, 2008
Tewks,

here is a little SNF drill from Albert for you!;) Please go get a bat and try this and post a clip. Thanks!

2rzb3pz.gif

Lil'E VIP:cool::rolleyes:

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2008
Tewks,

yes and don't forget the small hand towel he has in the left hand also.:cool::p

Lil'E VIP

Jan 14, 2009
Atlanta, Georgia
I was just playing around with AP's Pie in the Face Hand Shove move. I tried it as if I were hitting against a stiff front leg. I kind of liked the rear hip action I felt doing it this way. Any thoughts?

Jul 28, 2008
Here is one of Alberts Opening day homeruns against our Cincy Reds.

2d26qzp.jpg

Lil'E VIP

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2008
Northeast Ohio
Does his drill to you guys/gals look like his swing on the outside pitches? To me that is the challenge when showing kids isolation drills. If I show them the drill they feel like they have to in this case for example exagerate the push arm movement without hips and where the angle of the rear elbow changes and straightens immediately and the hands work forward as we see in the original post which is way different than the real swings. What is the benefit?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mdawson30