Air-Travel: What to sit on to catch for dd?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 4, 2014
We're heading to a couple of showcases where DD has to bring her own catcher (and it can't be someone on her team since they showcase at the same time). Mode of travel is by Air. DH was thinking of bringing his trusty bucket, but I'm thinking.... what a waste of money to have to check in a bucket for $25. Wouldn't it be better to use a stool and stash it in a regular piece of luggage?

Whenever you've had to catch for your dd (and you had to fly to get there), what do you sit on? Do you check your bucket into checked luggage? Do you buy something when you got to your destination?

Feb 15, 2013
Delaware
Go to walmart and the hunting/camping section. They have fold up stools for like $10 and will fit in any luggage bag with ease. I use one at every tournament as my seat in the dugout.

Jul 4, 2014
Go to walmart and the hunting/camping section. They have fold up stools for like $10 and will fit in any luggage bag with ease. I use one at every tournament as my seat in the dugout.

Is it a 3-legged stool? If yes, how sturdy are those? It would be awful if DH fell over while catching for DD. lol

Feb 4, 2015
Massachusetts
The title of this post just gave me an image of a girl throwing nasty fast balls down the aisle while her dad is sitting on a bucket catching her.

I guess I picked the wrong day to stop sniffing glue.

Oct 19, 2009
I'm right here.
The title of this post just gave me an image of a girl throwing nasty fast balls down the aisle while her dad is sitting on a bucket catching her.

I guess I picked the wrong day to stop sniffing glue.

7D...I saw your 12U team this past weekend; but no #7. What bracket are you in? You up to 14U now?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clawdog