Affordable equipment.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
There also was -11 composite-handled, metal barrel Vendetta. Don't know if they still make it though.

AFAIK, Demarini only makes one model of the Vendetta currently - 2-piece composite, -12

My fault, but at the end of the 2nd season with the Vendetta it became apparent that a heavier bat was needed.

No worries. I expect my 9yo will come to that point in the not-too-distant future.

Jan 23, 2014
What size glove is recommended? My dd is almost 10, she's about 5'1. Plays pitcher and 3rd, a bit of outfield as well. This is giving me a headache.

Jan 8, 2013
South Carolina
My DDs first composite was a Vendetta. She used this to start the season in 12u last year. After about 2 months I sold it on ebay and went and got the CF5 Insane (end loaded). Vendetta is not a bad bat, but as other mentioned the pop off the bat is somewhat limited and you are using a -12. I say if you go with Demarini, go ahead and step up to a CF model. My DD is not a power hitter (12yo, 5'6", 113 lbs.) and she loves the end loaded bat. It doesn't feel as heavy at the end as you would expect.

Oct 19, 2009
We have a place that sales used sports equipment called ‘Play It Again Sports’ which has used equipment you may get for a good price if one is close to your area.

IMO as kids grow and get bigger and stronger you will need to replace equipment as it becomes old or out grown, so spending a lot on equipment at an early age is not always the best decision.

I would rather see a parent invest in good training and wait to make the big equipment purchases when a kid is ready to take advantage of an expensive bat, glove or ETC JMO.

Oct 7, 2013
New Jersey
She will definitely go through a lot of equipment, quickly, so I would hold off getting the top of the line equipment until high school, when she will know or not that this is something she really wants to do at that high of a level. The game changes a lot at 14/15yrs old and interests also change, but getting the proper equipment at that age is very important. Right now you can afford to go a little cheaper. We have a consignment shop by us that sells both used and new and all of their prices are really reasonable, but they don't always have what you are looking for. If you have anything like that by you, I'd definitely check that out. We recently had to order a pitchers mask for my sister (required in her rec leauge) and I came across a site, Pitchers Helmet, that sells bats, masks, and some other gear, so I went ahead and ordered some equipment. Their return policy is awesome because anything you don't really like even after you use it, you can return it...which we all know happens more often than not!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DDubyah