Advise about fixing "leak" and showcase timing

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 23, 2014
SoCal
2 cents from the cheap seats..... Tweak now for all the reasons mentioned above.
Besides, even when she goes off to college...that coach will tweak even more. Most recruiters expect that and look for some core ability.
Best of luck....

Jun 14, 2011
Field of Dreams
I agree with fastpitch, but it does depend on the school. With regard to the Northeast, many good D3 schools (academic and athletically-speaking) are recruiting rising senior pitchers over the course of this summer. Several of the highly selective D3 schools though have largely completed recruitment before the 2015 summer TB season (for their 2016 class). Sophomore year is still early, if your DD is doing well - get on the coaches radar early, if she is not, don't sweat it, you still have time.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
Who is to stay that the recruiting coach will not notice these mechanical imperfections. Given that scenario what is a better response - "I know and I am working on it." or "I am waiting for the right time, so in the mean time I am just plugging along."? One of my favorite questions to ask a recruit is "What are you working on to get better?" followed by part 2 which is "What specifically have you done today?".

Jun 19, 2013
Also from those of us who are working on tweaks what generally happens is that they promptly forget everything you've asked them to work on during the actual game and promptly switch back to what they've been doing no matter how many reminders you give them before and during the game ;) That being said start tweaking :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YOUNGG