Advice on next pitch to learn

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 3, 2012
West Coast
[video]http://twitpic.com/e89n7g[/video]

Felix's C/U is 3 or 4 mph slower and it seems to work well because of all the spin he puts on it. A C/U that is 16 mph slower will have a hump in it. The better hitters will just layoff of it or reset and hit it.

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
I think he means "backhand" change-up which to me is the same as the "flip" change and slower than the circle change.

I was assuming that they were referring to a flip change, but the older I've gotten, the less I tend to assume things! Lol

The term "backdoor" in pitching is usually meaning that the pitch is thrown to the inside river and will spin away from the batter and catch the inside corner. For example....
A right handed pitcher will have a curve ball that will spin away from a right handed batter. If this pitch is thrown correctly and is way inside causing the batter to either bail out or lean in, then at approximately 4 feet in front of the plate, the ball spins back towards the plate..... this is a "backdoor"

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
I was assuming that they were referring to a flip change, but the older I've gotten, the less I tend to assume things! Lol

The term "backdoor" in pitching is usually meaning that the pitch is thrown to the inside river and will spin away from the batter and catch the inside corner. For example....
A right handed pitcher will have a curve ball that will spin away from a right handed batter. If this pitch is thrown correctly and is way inside causing the batter to either bail out or lean in, then at approximately 4 feet in front of the plate, the ball spin back towards the plate..... this is a "backdoor"

That's what I'm thinking as well ... JMHO :cool:

Right_BDC.gif

Jul 22, 2015
That video is typically what would be "front door". "Back door" would be that same pitch to a lefty

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi